Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got my hands on 3 boxes of Techmarines + Servitors the other day for a ridiculously cheap price $100 NIB and am waiting on enough parts to make my Super Heavy Mammoth tank to go with my two Stormlords.

I only plan to play Apoc with these guys but want to integrate them into my GK with a decent amount of fluff to make it plausible.

Earlier i played with the idea of Iron Hands teaming up with GK to fight mutation/chaos/daemons/whatever, really just a better way of putting a whole lot of crap on the board and not seem too beardy.

I've got a few squads of the Iron Hands GW kits on the way too so i can have some good ol' marine goodness.

This is where the Iron Knights come into it, I have decided Iron Hands aren't quite the role i need, but almost match my needs so i will create (if they haven't already) the Iron Knights Successor Chapter which are Iron Hands that buddy up with my GK to give them the anti tank oomph they lack (but theyre really there to cleanse daemonic mutations and general household uncleanlyness.

However, my fluff skills are akin to an eleven year old's when it comes to the creation of it, would anyone out there be willing to lend me a hand?

tl;dr - Iron Knights = Iron Hands + Grey Knights
Need Fluff, i suck.

Cheers,
Chris

EDIT: turns out I am retarded and my google'ing skills are terrible. Iron Knights have been stolen by the Imperial Fists i believe. Which is rather Gay. Now they are nameless :(

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hmmmm. So let me get this straight. The Chapter is a successor of the Iron Hands, and they co-operate with Grey Knights for this campaign/battle. Is that about right?

And as for name...

Iron Disciples
Iron Errants
Grey Crusaders (Iron Crusaders is taken)

That's some of the ones I could think off on the spot. But do you have a colour scheme in mind, or are you going with the black/metal one? That could also effect the name.

Also, here's a good list of the Chapter names that already exist

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmmm. So let me get this straight. The Chapter is a successor of the Iron Hands, and they co-operate with Grey Knights for this campaign/battle. Is that about right?

And as for name...

Iron Disciples
Iron Errants
Grey Crusaders (Iron Crusaders is taken)

That's some of the ones I could think off on the spot. But do you have a colour scheme in mind, or are you going with the black/metal one? That could also effect the name.

Also, here's a good list of the Chapter names that already exist
I like Iron Disciples, it somewhat ties in with the GK theme, not as much as Iron Knights, but hey, what are you gonna do?

I'm hoping to be able to use the two armies together for more than just the few battles, but field them together in most of my apoc games, because my GK have no anti-tank. I purchased a couple Stormlords + am making a custom Super Heavy but didn't just want to shove them on the table and say they were GK Super Heavies, thats too beardy for my liking so I'm hoping for the Iron Disciples to be a semi-permanent addition to my GK force.

As for the colour scheme, I think i will go with the Iron Hands scheme but with more silver/grey than usual per model.

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've decided that because I've heard so little about Iron Knights (The IF successor chapter?) and my guys remain unpainted or named, they will be Iron Knights and the other IK's don't actually exist.

I like Iron Knights and thats the way its gonna be. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts