Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the best place. But ill put it here all the same. So if its in the wrong place feel free to move it.

Anyway, as we all know the Iron hands are just awesome, cool and awesome. Anyway ive been looking into doing an army for them for a few weeks now.

Anyway ive come to the conculsion it would be better to use a none Nilla SM codex as a stand in dex, im currently looking into the idea of using the SW codex for the Iron Hands (this is the main idea i prefer out of them all), i think it would be awesome for conversions, plus the rules are fairly awesome. I idealy want to stay away from the codex since most Iron Hands ive seen that use it its allways the same MotF and He Stan lists and that seems fairly boring.

I could also possibly use the BA codex, but that im not all that sure about it though. But its still a possibility.

Another idea which would mainly be for ascetic purposes would be use the Ork codex, since they probably are the most machine alterations going. But ill admit if i did go with the Ork dex my god it would be fun to play with lolol Marines with a 5/6 save lolololol

So yeah any ideas for recomendations would be greatly appreciated :D

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
It's probably been "done" but why not use the Blood Angel codex? Instead of "Sanguinary Priests" you could have "Brotherhood of the Machine"- Priests that keep the bionic battle brethern going on the battlefield.

And we all know how cool the BA dreads are, and the Iron Hands LOVE dreads even more than the BA do...

And supercharged engines? I can see an Iron Hand rhino driver tinkering with his ride to make it the fastest one in the chapter...

Just avoid the Characters and you'll be fine. :victory:

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Well the Iron Hands are a Codex Chapter for the most part, a little divergent but not crazily so, so using the Blood Angels Codex instead of the Space Marine one makes no sense- Iron Hands revere Dreadnoughts but they have very few of them (maybe the least of all the First Founding excluding White Scars).

Using Space Wolves would allow you to give each squad a Terminator-armoured sergeant which is what the IH do instead of assembling entire squads of Terminators, but other than that they don't really share much in common with the SW.

Codex: Space Marines, from a fluff point of view, is the best Codex to use for the Sons of Ferrus but obviously if you're just making an Iron Hands force because you like the colour scheme rather than their background you should definitely use whatever rules you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts