Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now then, im tryin to get a iron hands faction going. Any tips on what I should buy first and so on...

Cheers

GRiM :suicide:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Tech marine to start with then a couple of tactical squads from then on you can prgress on in getting Elites and whatever else you want you want a few servitors and a Predator would be really useful.

·
Registered
800 Posts
tech marine as a HQ

2 tac squads... 1 squan of necron warriors for conversions like arms or legs/feet

·
Registered
383 Posts
Iron Hands like Dreadnoughts, it's the ultimate honour for them to end up as one. The other things is all the bionics you can get your hands on, they love that (for example the SM Commander box has a nice bionic hand holding a chainsword). Auspexes too I imagine they are fond of. According to the Iron Hands book, they get on better with the Adeptus Mechanicus than anyone, and have some age old agreement that for being able to call on the Iron Hands at any time they get the VIP treatment.

·
Registered
517 Posts
pick up a box of necron warriors for bitz.
I think they actually have an Iron Hands tactical squad boxed set out... Or that may just be online, I dunno. Check out the online store.

Also, if you're ordering online, get some Iron Warrior bitz. Especially the chests look sweet, with gears on the edge. And also, get your hands on as many wire bitz as possible.

As for the necron bitz, you really don't need a whole box. One or two prues should do it. But then again, you can only get separate sprues online, so you should buy all of it there.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
They once had a Iron Hands box set out but im not sure if its still in general release. You'd have to check with Torealis. You've read the IA article for them?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I didnt know they had a box set. but iron hands are one of the shootiest marines there is. So lotsa ranged firepower models would be good.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Awesome i was thinking of colleting them to :biggrin:

i'm have a list like this

HQ
Techmarine
on Mechanical Steed
Elite
Dreadnought
powerfist and twinlinked lascannon
Troops
10 Tactical Squad
bionic implants, one with flamer and missile launcher
10 Tactical Squad
bionic implants one with flamer and missile launcher
Rhino
Fast attack.
Space Marine Assault Squad
bionic implants one with 2 lightclaws
Heavy
Space Marine Predator Tank

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone know if the amount of Iron Hands models are going to be released in the UK as much as the US have???

Maybe badly worded

GRiM :suicide:

·
Registered
0 Posts
I think GW US made a box set but I honestly don't know if they still have them in stock. They are a metal/plastic box set that have some really cool looking bits.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts