Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this is fun army I already have stuff for I want to try. Couldn't use in tournaments obviously Probably not a good army but want to try:

HQ:
1x Space marine captin, terminator w/PF 150

Elites:
5x Terminators 200

Troops:
10x tactical w/ PG, HB 180
10x tactical w/ HB 170
10x tactical w/ HB 170

Heavy Support:
5x Devastors, 4 w/ lascannons. 230
4x Thunderfire cannons 400

total 1500

Feel free to tell me it sucks, and yeah not enough troops on the battle field.

·
Registered
48 Posts
well, i'm all about a list that works around a theme. i will play a themed list and die every week at the club than just run the assault term + lysander list for the win. that said, here's my two cents:

1. captain is a cc bad ass, mostly because hes fast. i saw go power weapon or lightning claw if you want him heavy but don't lose his initiative of 5.

2. sternguard are made for shooting their bolt guns rapid fire. i would try to keep them in cover at the front of the battle and have them all with boltguns (even the sergent) or combi-meltas. i run my combi-meltas as combi-flamers against horde armies. the barrel is painted copper and it looks like a flamer as well! :) put the captain with a cc squad or with the terminators. or do a nasty dakka captain - boltgun, hellfire rounds and aux gernade launcher.

3. what the special weapons for your tacts? flamers? these dudes look good. i assume combat squads with the HB teams overlapping.

4. you can only take 3 heavy support choices, you have 5. thunderfire cannon is also a vulnerable bastard, although a small target. for 400 pts, maybe go with a more conventional armor team but you said no tanks. :)

maybe take assault terminators with th/ss for unkillability at the front of your force, providing cover saves? scout snipers + ML squads? assault marines to deep strike? would bikes be breaking your theme?

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you have no tanks than your near screwed, i'm not trying to convert you to tanks but your going to need to max out on devastators. You might want to consider a scout squad with Telion as you can snipe out PFs or HWs with a BS 5 rocket launcher!

Also the master of the forge could be of some intrest because at 100pts he's like a cheap moblie platform, perhaps better than a Thunderfire cannon except he's an HQ.

i wouldn't want heavy bolters when your lacking so much anti-tank, perhaps trade in for rocket launchers, because they are good anti-horde and anti-tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts