Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

361 - 378 of 378 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
This behemoth is going to look amazing. Thanks for that terrain link by the way, currently theorizing if I can make similar stuff myself but darn that's some decent deal-age.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
And done - at least until I drop the backlog down enough to start on banners and the base!

Played an awesome scenario as part of the Armageddon campaign based on black hawk down - Black Ork Down. A Lander crashes in the centre of an Ork held hive zone, leaving a general and his bodyguards stranded. Can the nearby guard units scrambled to assist save him from the wave of greenskin attackers?

... as it turned out, no, they could not. Nice try though. Damn ork snipers...

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #365
Alright, after some life upheaval over the last year I'm back, and I'll start by sharing my latest project - a second hand Chaos Warhound! I say second hand, but it was freely given when a friend had to make a precipitous exit from the hobby, so we'll see if I have to give it back before I next move...

The usual start state of these things...

Breaking footloose:

Colour minimisation was the phrase of the day for me for this guy, it's an awesome but very busy model. Most non-details on this, unlike it's imperial brother, are black and white or straight metal.
This way, where I did put colour on I wanted it to really stand out!

Since my other recent project has been a Word Bearers Warband that can translate with relative fluency between 30k and 40k (not perfectly, I admit) I chose legio Suturvora for the paint scheme and fluff. Bring on those shiny new ultramarines for me to kill!

I made a major mistake gluing on the body as pictured, those shoulders are supposed to be inserted prior to this point... which meant I had to break it and re-glue it later. Doh!

I still am not sure how to get leg posing right - there just seems no good way to check how the model balances until you've assembled it. I spent a lot of hour puzzling over it, checking internet sources, etc but not finding any good means of addressing the problem... so I just went ahead.

The other mistake I made was not really planning ahead so far as magnets went. I've put the project on hold while I wait for more arm magnets 20x3mm and the waist magnets 20x5mm. Should be here imminently, I hope, since I realised this error and ordered before it came to the point I needed them... only now I've reached that point and will have to do some terrain or something so I don't get too distracted!

Hope you've enjoyed viewing and this is a worthy first post after a year away!

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
Aaand it's done! Now to get some games in with it!

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #369
Do you mean from Epic Titanicus when you say back in the day? If so, that's awesome!

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
Does Jezlad still run this site? I wonder if there's a way to add an image sharing aspect that doesn't require a third party hoster, because I can really see why facebook groups have stolen the good ol' heresy punch.

Going through backlog I came across this treasure - backlog no more! If only I'd started fantasy earlier she might have some greatswords to accompany...

Kinda gone from one extreme of size to the other...

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Just drag the picture from its location on your computer to the "Drag and Drop File Upload" below the Reply message field, and you'll get something like this.

And she looks great... those Greatswords are still available on GW here BTW, even if Age of Sigmar is... not the most enjoyable system.

EDIT: Only real problem is that you can't really position the image properly in the middle of text.

Attachments

Reactions: Iraqiel

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #375 (Edited)
I didn't mean for this to become an annual update, but... well here we are!

I've been celebrating too soon this year, but focusing almost exclusively on getting my AdMech up to scratch. I celebrated getting my infantry backlog cleared by doing an Army on Parade for myself... but then I got on to the next two things on the backlog, a terrain project and another Titan (I bought this one second hand two years ago but I seem to be getting out a titan a year... I can't afford that any more!)

GW sneakily released those beautiful new knights this year, which will probably mean that my master plan needs a bit more knightly consideration... but, for now, enjoy!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Is it just me or is everyone seeing the third picture repeated a few times?

The army is seriously awesome.

The green on the bases is especially striking.

I once knew a man who had dedicated his entire large basement to his train set.
You have a large basement, if I recall correctly...

That warlord titan may be bigger than many South Korean dogs.

·
Closet Dictator
3,413 Posts
Wow, that army looks great! I really need to stop talking to my wife and get my miniatures painted!

Edit: forgot to say that lady great sword looks great, where did you pick her up?

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #378
Oh that photo repetition was distressing! Amended photos below.

Thanks! No basement per-se but I have dedicated one of my two bedrooms to the hobby... and my painting all occurs on the dining table. The reaver titan? I'm of the opinion that it could be quite enjoyably rendered as a Korean robo-pet with sufficient motorisation!

Hahaha keep talking to your wife @Old Man78, but maybe convince her to talk to you while you paint?

361 - 378 of 378 Posts