Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all five of us who actually downloaded, paid for, and used the iPhone Psychic App; I am sure you have noticed that it not only was not updated to 7ed, but was also removed from the App Store. So I emailed GW customer service and here is the official response

Hey [Name Redacted],

Thanks for writing in to us. At this time, the Digital Team does not have plans to either update or replace the Psychic Power App. However, any of the army specific spells can still be used as reference material. Should you have any questions, then please give us a call at 1-800-394-4263.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

David Monroe
Games Workshop
North America Customer Services
So there you have it, Psychic App is dead. I'm a bit sad, because it was one less thing I had to tote around with me (Psychic Cards) and kept things easy to keep track of.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Well they can go fuck themselves considering the ridiculous price tag for the application and the IAP content. Fuck them.

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
As one of those five people who *did* buy that app, I'm bummed that they won't be updating it, but whatever. I found I liked physical cards better than the electronic app anyway. I bought it more as an experiment in whether I liked having the electronic play aids for 40k or not. And I liked it... it just had some cool ideas in it (like having a saved profile for each of your psykers, even though I never actually used the app to track warp charges). It was handy as an aid as a TO, though-- I could just pop the app up instead of having to get out the rulebook if there was a question, and if we were just sitting around bullshitting and psychic stuff came up (which did more than you might imagine) then I had all that handy on the phone. Oh well.

I was also one of the handful of people that bought the GW army builder software in 4th edition... I loved the printouts those made. That software died by the wayside almost after they released it-- they were like meh we're not updating this ever. Have fun with it.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Trouble is they outsource these projects I think to people who say they can do them as a 1 off payment. They then work out they wont get any more money out of it so they don't bother to pay again to make it better or update it.
Also in general other people out in the community normally make better ones and don't charge as much for them and will continually update it with the feedback of those who use it.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Trouble is they outsource these projects I think to people who say they can do them as a 1 off payment. They then work out they wont get any more money out of it so they don't bother to pay again to make it better or update it.
Also in general other people out in the community normally make better ones and don't charge as much for them and will continually update it with the feedback of those who use it.
Indeed, they priced themselves out of the competition. Which, on one hand, sucks because they aren't updating it for 7th, but on the other, the info offered in the app is an entire section of an $85ish book, so they probably have some financial magic that justifies the price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts