Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
443 Posts
The 'doomshuttle' Darth on a basic Lambda, is good because it is dirt cheap and has 10 hull, so can do up to 5 Darth-caused crits. On the right list it can be killer, basically stuff without shields, or with shields stripped. So they suck for the B wing, but good for say Ties, interceptors etc that lack shields.

· Registered
443 Posts
He also had weapons engineer I think. It let him acquire two target locks and pass one to another ship. That proved nasty.
Yeah that can be mean, but that shuttle is 32 points, the interesting thing about the doomshuttle (using Vader and the cheapest pilot) is that it is only 24 points. It WILL die, it is the equivalent of 40k termicide or something. Also if they get something slippery like a Phantom or Interceptor in arc they can smack it with a crit to help everyone else hit it.

· Registered
443 Posts
In case you're talking about Stealth Device (I might have misread) then you need to connect with the attack dice to shut it off - simply dealing damage isn't enough. The defender needs to be hit by the attack itself.

That said, Vader is certainly very nice for dealing with ships that rely on 4+ green dice to survive, and since the Decimator was released, is the main reason I recommend Shield Upgrade over Hull Upgrade on Aces like Fel and Jax.
I meant that many of the crit effects make life easier for you, reducing PS, maneuverability, stopping actions etc. I know it is not going to strip stealth device but it is going to help. I agree on Shield upgrade though, and I like that because ti means you are not running both autothrusters and stealth device :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.