Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys i know that power fists/klaws etc bypass armour saves but do they also bypass invulnerability saves or does that just save against everything??

the reason i'm asking is because i was just at a mates place and had a quick game using his figures and i was playing SM and he was just using orks only a quick little skirmish but this came up when his Nob attacked my terminators and he was saying that it ignores everything and a quick look through the rules i couldn't find it anywhere but it was just a muck around game so not real important but would be good to know in the future.

cheers
Rob

·
4,491 Posts
Invulnerable saves can always be taken, even against things that ignore armour saves, and regardless of the weapons strength.

The only time you can not use an invulnerable is if the weapon itself specifically states that invulnerable saves are not allowed.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks that is what i thought i'll let him know
cheers
Rob

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Yep. Armour saves are easy to take away, but very few weapons ignore Invulnerable saves, and they have to state it specifically. There are some effects that ignore Invulnerable saves (certain psychic powers that allow no saves of any kind), but for the most part, you'll always get your invuln save. It's a handy thing to have.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Wrong :>
It disallows Armour and Cover saves.
*cough* don't know what you're talking about :p

Funny the things you forget - haven't actually played a proper game for ages it seems, too much time on fantasy, and now Warmachine :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.