Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So casting invisibilty on a unit means that you can only snap shot it. Does that mean now that blasts can't target the unit and can templates fire as a snap shot. I know tepmlates can for over watch but maybe I'm missing something.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Correct, you cannot declare the unit as a target for blast weapons. However if you scatter onto them, or clip them with the placement of the blast onto a legal target, then that's fair game.

Note that you can cast Invisibility on any unit, not just things with a Toughness value.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always done it with my deathstars like 10 wraithguard. It has gotten so much better this edition needing sixs to hit in combat and shooting

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
It completely passed me by as well, but then I thought "Oooh, Invisible Land Raiders".

But that thought was supplanted by "Ooooooh, Invisible Wraithknights..."

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That and like what I did today ''Ooooooooh, Invisible Avatar''

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I've played 1 game with an invisible zarakynel with a 2++ from cursed earth. After that, I decided to never do it again. It's every bit as ridiculous as you'd think it is. There aren't even D weapons that can touch that outside of close combat. But even then they need 6s to hit and another 6 to ignore the 2++.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
You obscene bastard. It's so... beautiful...

I actually felt like a bastard. She suffered 1 wound against an entire 1850 ig gunline before she got stuck in. It was just a test to see how dumb it could possibly be. I'd never do this in a regular game. It was glorious.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Got a quote from the BRB for that? I tried to find one in a few spare minutes but couldn't, that was why I was unsure.
attacking buildings,

When determining if a building can be targeted by a shooting attack or psychic power, charged and fought in close combat, or affected by a special rule, treat the building as a vehicle unless specifically stated otherwise.

so if you can use the power on a vehicle, you can also use it on a building.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Invisibility is so overpowered it's laughable. I'm really hoping the community use it with discretion outside of competitive games because some of its uses seem game breaking. If people are put off by its use in tournaments perhaps a simple fix would be changing it to a WC2 version of the shrouding spell, but with a 24" range that applies to one friendly unit. Still a good spell to roll but not an instant win

Until that time (which will likely never come) I guess in any competitive game I'd be hoping to roll invis for my sorceror and try to cast it on Skarbrand when he deepstrikes. So overpowered, what were the writers thinking?

·
Registered
393 Posts
hmmm..... speaking of invisiblity would it be overly cheesy to cast this on a unit of harliquins including a shadowseer??

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
that would be overkill, more than cheesy!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts