Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Possessed Warriors of Chaos. Forsaken are halfway to that "spawn" point-- or are functionally just small spawn. Chosen are on their way to daemonhood and have the favor of the gods. But what about possessed Warriors? I always liked the Late 3rd/4th Edition Chaos Space Marine Codex's "build your own Possessed Chaos Space Marines" kind of unit, and having a unit similar mechanically to Chosen but with more control over their extra abilities as a Rare choice appeals to me.

I was thinking something along these lines...

Possessed Warriors (Rare Choice)
M 4
WS 5
BS 3
S 4
T 4
W 1
I 5
A 2
LD 8

Points/Model: 15
Unit: 5+
Equipment: Chaos Armor, Hand Weapon, Magical Attacks
Options:
-Must select one or more of the following: Shield, additional hand weapon, halberd, and/or great weapon (+1 point per model).
-Must select one daemonic boon from the following:
--Spiky (Armor Piercing Attacks) +2 points / model
--From Beyond (Cause Fear) +1 point / model
--Daemonic Aura (6+ Ward Save) +3 points / model
--Soul Thirst (Killing Blow) +2 points / model
--Daemonic Mutation (+1 Attack) +3 points / model
--Hellfire (Flaming Attacks) +1 point / model

-Upgrade one Possessed Warrior to a Possessed Champion +15 points
-The Possessed Champion may select a Daemonic Gift of up to 25 points.
-Upgrade one Possessed Warrior to a Musician +10 points
-Upgrade one Possessed Warrior to a Standard Bearer +15 points
-The Standard Bearer may choose a Magic Banner worth up to 50 points.

-The Unit may select a Mark of Chaos:
--Khorne (+20 points), Slaanesh (+10 points); Tzeentch (+30 points), Nurgle (+35 points)

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Possessed Warriors of Chaos. Forsaken are halfway to that "spawn" point-- or are functionally just small spawn. Chosen are on their way to daemonhood and have the favor of the gods. But what about possessed Warriors? I always liked the Late 3rd/4th Edition Chaos Space Marine Codex's "build your own Possessed Chaos Space Marines" kind of unit, and having a unit similar mechanically to Chosen but with more control over their extra abilities as a Rare choice appeals to me.

I was thinking something along these lines...

Possessed Warriors (Rare Choice)
M 4
WS 5
BS 3
S 4
T 4
W 1
I 5
A 2
LD 8

Points/Model: 15
Unit: 5+
Equipment: Chaos Armor, Hand Weapon, Magical Attacks
Options:
-Must select one or more of the following: Shield, additional hand weapon, halberd, and/or great weapon (+1 point per model).
-Must select one daemonic boon from the following:
--Spiky (Armor Piercing Attacks) +2 points / model
--From Beyond (Cause Fear) +1 point / model
--Daemonic Aura (6+ Ward Save) +3 points / model
--Soul Thirst (Killing Blow) +2 points / model
--Daemonic Mutation (+1 Attack) +3 points / model
--Hellfire (Flaming Attacks) +1 point / model

-Upgrade one Possessed Warrior to a Possessed Champion +15 points
-The Possessed Champion may select a Daemonic Gift of up to 25 points.
-Upgrade one Possessed Warrior to a Musician +10 points
-Upgrade one Possessed Warrior to a Standard Bearer +15 points
-The Standard Bearer may choose a Magic Banner worth up to 50 points.

-The Unit may select a Mark of Chaos:
--Khorne (+20 points), Slaanesh (+10 points); Tzeentch (+30 points), Nurgle (+35 points)
Nice one! Have you playtested this or was it written on the fly?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Beastmen

Hound masters
-special-

The bestial hordes draw many to their ranks with the prospect of slaughter and bloodshed. Shadowing the herd and stalking the campfires are the warhounds and giant chaos beasts. The weak are culled by these beasts and ungors are slaughtered for food for the packs. Come time for war, those Gors with steel resolve and brute strength lead the only the most fierce hounds to war, chasing down foes and swarming the enemy.

-Mixed Unit- (similar to Kroxigors & Skinks)
The Warhounds fight in front rank. Any Gors are in second rank and can not be targeted, allocated. All wounds are off the hounds. Once there are no more hounds, wounds are taken off of the Gors.

M WS BS S T W I A LD
Gor Hound Master 6 4 3 4 4 1 3 2 8
Ravenous hound 7 3 - 3 4 1 4 1 8

Unit size: Gors 5-15, Warhounds 10 +
Rules: Primal fury, Ambush, tracker, Stubborn, swiftstride, Pack mentality, ruler of the pack

Unit price: 90 points
Cost: Gors: 8 points Ravenous Hound: 5 points
Equipment:
Gors: Heavy armor, Halberds
- May replace Halberds for Great Weapons: 2 points each
Musician: 5 points
Champion: 8 points
-may not take banners-
- may take up to 20 points in magic items
Ravenous Warhound:
- unit may take Scaly skin (5+ armor) for 20 points
- unit may take poison attacks for 15 points

• Tracker: Unit may Re-roll their ambush result. In addition, they may march move when they come on the board
  • Pack mentality: when attacking from the rear or flank, all hounds may attack
  • Ruler of the pack: Once all warhounds are destroyed, the gors must take a leadership test. If they pass, they are enraged at the loss of their pack and gain frenzy and unbreakable. If they fail, the unit is removed and the unit that removed them from the game gains stubborn for one round.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
0-1 Warwolf - Field Trebuchet

M -
WS -
BS -
S -
T 7
W 5
I -
A -
LD -

Points - 200
Crew : 4 Peasants and 1 Master Craftsman

Special Rules
Ludgar - The Warwolf is a fearsome machine capable of leveling cities by itself, hurling huge rocks, unfortunately this requires much more time than normal to fire. If the Warwolf did not fire in it's previous turn then it uses the Large Round Template.

Master Craftsmen - Once per turn you may re-roll the Artillery Dice when firing Warwolf. If Warwolf is destroyed by shooting or the Misfire Chart the Master Craftsmen may attempt to repair it. Remove all the other Crew and leave Warwolf and the Master Craftsman in play instead of removing it as a casualty. Warwolf cannot fire for the next D3+1 Turns as the Craftsman rushes to repair it. If the game ends before the Warwolf is repaired remove it as a casualty. If repairs are successful the Warwolf may be fire as normal the next turn but counts as having fired.

I just want bigger Trebuchets.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Id like Swordsmen dropped to 5 points and thier stat line then go to WS 3 I 3 like the other state troops. Instead have a one point upgrade for all state troops the give them +1 WS & I. And only hal of your State Troops can take the upgrade (round up).

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Id like Swordsmen dropped to 5 points and thier stat line then go to WS 3 I 3 like the other state troops. Instead have a one point upgrade for all state troops the give them +1 WS & I. And only hal of your State Troops can take the upgrade (round up).
This is really for making new units rather than modifying old ones.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has any one played monster hunter? well id like to have a hunter unit, using great weapons or bowguns or lances or anything else you can use in the game. Units of 4 large baces some thing like 3 wounds and a heap of armour and a good ward save, and special rules to kill dragons and other monsters but they will cost a bit o points.

monster hunter for the win

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Has any one played monster hunter? well id like to have a hunter unit, using great weapons or bowguns or lances or anything else you can use in the game. Units of 4 large baces some thing like 3 wounds and a heap of armour and a good ward save, and special rules to kill dragons and other monsters but they will cost a bit o points.
This idea I like! :good:

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I just got an idea, for a sort of VC sleeper unit.
Stats subject to change

Werewolf
M 8
WS 4
BS -
S 3
T 4
W 3
I ?
A 4
LD 10

Unite size: 1-3

1 werewolf may be put into an enemy unit at an additional cost of 50 points per model, as he is currently in is human, elf, etc, form after the 3rd turn you may roll a die on a roll of 6+, +1 per turn after the 3rd, the man suddenly turns into his werewolf form, causing terror and 1 unsavable casualty, as the model is now a werewolf, to the unit he is attached to. The opponent then places your werewolf model at either the rear or flank.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Maybe something like this?

Special Choice:
Bretonnia Warhounds

M WS BS S T W I A LD
Warhound Trainer 5 3 2 3 3 1 3 1 8
Warhound 9 3 - 4 3 1 4 3 5

Unit Size: 1-5 Warhound Trainers, 5-25 Warhounds
Unit Cost: 8pts for Trainer, 4pts for Warhound
Equipment:
Warhound Trainer: Light Armor, Hand Weapon
Warhound: Vicious Teeth and Claws

Fear
Skirmishers
Scout
Among the Pack-The Warhound Trainers may always choose to remove a Warhound if they suffer a wound. Furthermore the Warhounds use the Trainer's LD for all purposes
Unleash the Dogs of War-When the Bretonnia Warband declares a charge, move only the Warhounds into the combat, if they win the combat they will not overrun but return to their masters side. Move them back into cohesion with the Trainers
Fear the Beasts-If a Warhound unit charges a unit that consists of cavalry, beasts or monsters of any kind they cause Terror for the first round of combat. Use the mount's LD in this case as the ravenous dogs frighten them into hysteria

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Remember this is about fluff. Stats aren't important, just something that seems cool from a background perspective.

These are some interesting idas though. :)

·
Registered
310 Posts

monster hunter for the win
You mean like Brunner?

I third skaven cavalry, maybe the rat version of demigryphs(since skaven tend to copy and 'improve' on other races weapons and stuff)?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Empire, aside from bringing back the Middenheim list, give me priests of other gods. Are you really trying to tell me that Sigmar is the only Empire god that has priests resolute enough to go to war in his name? Give me a break. Sigmar himself was a follower of Ulric so his priests should be on the front lines. Moor's priests of death should be right there attending to the fallen and preventing outside influences from messing whith their dietie's just dues. And Shallaya's healers have no better place to be then caring for those who are wounded and/or dying in the defence of their homelands.

Give Me Priests!

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Lv 4 skink mage for under 250pts... the cost of a slaan means you just can't fit him in at 1000pts, which is a shame since I've just been to a doubles tourny with double-lizards and we just got raped in every magic phase against every other army there :(
I didn't see a single other double lizrard army, others obviously decided they would like some magical potency.

I think a lv4 skink acolyte with access to heavens and a lv4 skink high-priest of sotek with access to death, shadow and beasts would be cool. The acolyte would be a follower of the Old Ones in service to a Slaan, with a basic ward save and good leadership (or something like an ability to re-deploy 1 unit at the start of a game due to knowing something of the Old One's prophecies). The High priest on the other hand is dedicated to Sotek and might would stop any saurus characters being taken (Sotek bands are lead by a skink chief, under direction from a priest... just like Word Bearers are in 40k, with Dark Acolytes having Coryphaus to lead their warriors) but who would have frenzy and hatred and be fairly powerful in combat (but having crap leadership and little to no defense).

21 - 40 of 46 Posts