Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I hail from the Midwest, in the Great State of Missouri. Though I'm Guard, so I've been deploying a lot lately.

I've never ever played a single Games Workshop game, but have considered it. I'd also see the models in the Comic Shop growing up, but they were always a bit out of my price range. So I always skipped out on them.

Since reaching adulthood though, I've purchased many WH40K items, only to have them sit in their boxes. See, I'm quite the perfectionist in how they look, and never could take the plunge to assemble and paint. I did finally get around to assembling some Space Marines, so maybe one day I'll take the plunge and try painting.

I do like the item of modeling and assembling more than actual gameplay. But I don't think I'd mind playing a game or two.

I am big on the fluff though. The Gaunt's Ghosts novels were the first ones in my collection, and I'm reading the Horus Heresy, did some Ultramarines and will be trying Eisenhorn and Ravenor next.

And since I saw a banner ad for the iRobot Roomba, I'd thought I'd say I own one. And it works pretty good for what it does.

·
Registered
873 Posts
hello and welcome to heresy online compnor ,
i know what you mean about the prices:shok:
(that's why i started drawing them instead of buying them :laugh:)
the beauty of GW is, there's so much else you can get out of it as a hobby that you don't have to play to be invovled :victory:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

And I agree. The books are what do it for me. I just keep rereading the books. I like Gaunt's Ghosts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts