Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking around the forum since this morning, so I think it is only proper that I do a little wave and say hello to you all. ( I am trying to find a wave emote...but I prefer this one:picknose:!)

SO .. wave.

I have to say I am so thankful to of been pointed the way to this site. It is a little treasure trove of like minded people, information and advice about things I didnt even realise I wanted to know the answer to yet, but more than that, it covers almost every thing that could keep me interested while i sip a coffee all day.. this can only be a very bad thing and a time sink!

Currently I am finishing off painting my beloved green tide of Goff orks, after annoying those that re introduced me to the game playing aspect, by spending hours painstakingly assembling the models to exactly how I want them, fiddly bits, extras and customs included.

I do enjoy the painting aspect of the hobby, as I do consider myself an artistic little soul.... but I think it has as much to do with the my terrifyingly competitive streak too... some of the paint jobs in the galleries here leave me drooling and frustrated into wanting to push my skills further.

I hope that I will be able to further my game play skills and knowledge here, as it really needs it! I am very new at the tabletop side of the hobby.
It really appeals to me how his unique level of customisation allows a player to exercise their own creativity and imagination, letting me create a new portion of the shared universe that I can claim as my own, while being thoroughly tactical and in depth. Out thinking, out manoeuvring and out rolling.... unfortunately I know well in advance that I shall not be ladylike in defeat and may swear like an old fish wife!

I am a total nerd, and almost proud of it.. so i will admit to re-reading the various codexes time and again from fluff to stats for enjoyment, alongside the novels.
I like the back stories, and the thought that has gone into the armies. I find learning and immersing myself into it allows me to remember the rules and abilities of the armies better...(memory like a sieve so on that note if I dont reply to threads, pm etc just poke me)

I have been around warhammer in its different guises since I was about 16/17, as I found myself craning my neck over the huddles in the common rooms and annoying friends to tell me more about it all, until a little lead ork was thrust into hands with the orders of ''go and paint it, DONT FORGET TO DRY BRUSH AND USE A WASH!'...

40k is my passion now, all of it interests me.. I am so sorry, see total geek.

I did drop into the waffle above that I am a 'she', however from what I have seen from lurking here, that there seems to be a great mix of different types of people and sexes, you all see normal and respectful and only here to embrace the love of the little grey plastic men.. same as me.

If I promise not to distract you by rolling dice through my clevage and onto the table or doing other things reminiscent of a daemonette.. (although there is nothing more emasculating than getting beat by pink space-marines.) and only distract you with my game play, or I should say hopefully my good game play knowledge, once I brush all the rust off of my brain..

I am here to pick your brains and learn.. so help, any advice or ideas, or even just ignoring my game faux pas on posts i might write is greatly appreciated. :biggrin:

Thats me.. sorry about the ramble.:blush:

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Welcome to Heresy and thankyou for a full intro ( Much better than a one line 'whats up?')

You have chosen a great army for doin Kustom gubbinz on especially as we have a good quantity of inspired Meks on the site who are always happy to help.

I look forward to seeing some of your gitz posted up on the boards.
Good to see a proper Goff stomping about.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
welcome to the site. its good to see more female players in the game. I enjoy getting my ass handed to me by the oppisite sex... then again I am an avid Space wolf and avid Dark Eldar / elf fan so... dont mind me.

not to sound rude, but I am suprised you play orks. I know women who play a myriad of armies, but you are the first to play orks that I have seen. (to be honest, many of the women I see playing play tau and eldar for some reason >.>)

but enough of my ranting and probably getting inappropriate from being on Medication right now.

As I said before, welcome to the site, and hope that the site continues to be there for you to pick at our brains and vise versa

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Welcome To Heresy my dear.

Another Soul for our army of Girl Gamers :)

Orks are my Favourite also so just ignore KhainiteAssassin, silly little man that he is :p

All those fiddly bits, extra's and customs are a great way to make the best Ork armies seen out there today so don't give up on that. And if you feel the creative side nipping at you, Let us know so we can see it or Help if you require it.

Pink Space Marines, Pink Tau, soon we shall turn the Galaxy Pink! MWAHAHAHAAA!!!

Again; Welcome. And feel free to 'Pick' our brains, its what were here for as well.

SGMAlice

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Welcome To Heresy my dear.

Another Soul for our army of Girl Gamers :)

Orks are my Favourite also so just ignore KhainiteAssassin, silly little man that he is :p

All those fiddly bits, extra's and customs are a great way to make the best Ork armies seen out there today so don't give up on that. And if you feel the creative side nipping at you, Let us know so we can see it or Help if you require it.

Pink Space Marines, Pink Tau, soon we shall turn the Galaxy Pink! MWAHAHAHAAA!!!

Again; Welcome. And feel free to 'Pick' our brains, its what were here for as well.

SGMAlice
well SGM, I never saw your introduction and I dont read the sides much :p

but I agree with SGM 100%, completely ignore me, Im busy drooling over the new DE models still and hopped up on meds for colds, pain, and some recreationals.

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
I for one want to see these pink space marines... my ex threatened to paint mine pink once and it would be good to see what a luck escape they had:search:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Goooooood morning all :D

Thank you so much for the welcome, as you can see I was up into the early hours waffling on with my introduction, so I do apologise now for it!

Sadly I don't actually have a pink space marine army :( but I would like to also see one.

I have to admit I dedicate far too much time to my stomping goffs.. i do adore my boyz.

It is very nice to be part of this community and the welcomes have reinforced that so thank you... I shall get my picking fingers out to insert into brains soon enough :D

·
Must keep painting....
2,977 Posts
Welcome to the site! :) I do hope you aren't planning to paint any Goffs pink? Poor little orkses...

As you mentioned you like customising Orks you simply must take a look at Vash's project logs, it will have you dribbling and frantically searching for plasticard and greenstuff in no time! - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57978 He's too modest to show off about it, but it really is worth a look.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks Squeek!
:( I was thinking pinks dags and checks would look pretty :p

lol.. im teasing, my boyz are a rough and ready lot .. they are pretty enough in their ugliness. No stomping about would be complete without some mud and dirt! pink just wouldn't co ordinate with the rust either ;)

Thank you so much for the link, i did have a sneaky peek earlier today, and plan to spend a lot more time on it. You are right, it really is worth a look and I am trying to stem my temptation for the green stuff.. damn you and Vash.. I need to master my painting first.. I dont need more excuses to distract me ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:blush: thank you!
I enjoy painting the metals and distressing them, so i do tend to spend some more time on those areas... my very first shoota was a disaster though. silver and a black wash and thats it ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts