Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hullo peeps, been away for a while being debauched in durham (sounds like a personal ad)

but i'm back, and moving to london. so first, who else lives in london, and where? i'm in canada water and looking for a good games club.

also, i'm interviewing tomorrow at Games Workshop in Bromley, i've got enough well (ish) painted models, but was wondering if anyone could give me a heads up on what to expect from the interview itself? I'm not exactly an encyclopedia on the rules, but i've got a good grounding and a willingness to learn, and i bloody love GW. is that enough?

ta.

·
Registered
361 Posts
yea actually :lol:

sperm need to have a lower temp than the rest of the body (under 37.5 C) if u raise the temp of ur meat and two veg for long periods over a prolonged period of time u can reduce ur sperm count, nylon underwear did it for men in the 70's now laptops are doin it for men in the 00's :twisted:

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Darkmessiah said:
yea actually :lol:

sperm need to have a lower temp than the rest of the body (under 37.5 C) if u raise the temp of ur meat and two veg for long periods over a prolonged period of time u can reduce ur sperm count, nylon underwear did it for men in the 70's now laptops are doin it for men in the 00's :twisted:
Tis why you balance it above on one knee. Or sleep with icepacks down there. :D

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Yeah, maybe jig can..vouche for you? :lol:

Good luck, sorry, no reccomendations here, really..

Just sound confident, dont admit to any weaknesses hurriedly, especially if not prodded about them, tell them you have drive, have been into the hobby for X years. And bribe them.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bribes, good idea. but it seems that all GW employees i've met just like pies, BO and old metal bands...

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Yeesh. That's like...paying 450 bucks / 275 pounds for a job that pays...erm... about that much a week.

I reccomend pie instead.

As for the computer question... firstly... what the hell? And secondly... get a cooling plate. They're not expensive, and they plug into a USB port. And they have little fans, which are fun to mess with.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
That's a good idea, tSoH! The fan in my antiquated laptop is out, but it is too slow to overheat, though it does get pretty damn hot. I may try that.

Now, I only have one USB port on the thing, and I use it for a mouse (I hate the pad). Do you know if there are cooling plates that plug in via another outlet?

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
torealis said:
bribes, good idea. but it seems that all GW employees i've met just like pies, BO and old metal bands...
Maybe, you could find an old metal band... one with BO... and make them into a pie?

<<Please give me the job, and have this lovely pie, it's made with sweaty ex-members of Judas Priest... mmmm!>>

"It's a 967,814-to-1 chance, but it might just work!"

:cyclops:

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
hespithe, is being rendered impotent from your laptop a serious concern to you? Cause if it is, I think you may need to see somebody... :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i now work at Games Workshop Bromley. i attribute my success entirely to Heresy Online. i love you.

·
Registered
821 Posts
>> Yeah, now we got a company man snooping aboot, telling us that all things GW are lovely and fluffy.

>> Only joking Tor mate. Good luck wi the job. Any chance o some staff discount? :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts