Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going though GW's FAQ's today and i notced this question in the Eldar one
Q. The warp jump generator description says may make an extra move "instead of assaulting" Does this mean that they can make thier extra move during the assault phase only if they in possition where they could assault or can they do it anyway?
A. This move cna be made in any assault phase during which the Warp spiders are not assaulting or fighting in an assault.
Now may reading of it rases another question. The answer says "This move can be made in ANY assault phase". So from reading this would that mean i could jump them during my oppoents assualt phase? Also would i jump first or he assault first? This does make soem question which i expect to be "No and spot cheating" but i wanted to be 100% sure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
"any assault phase during which the Warp spiders are not assaulting or fighting in an assault."

Seems pretty self explanatory.

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
If you read the sentence it refers to this being done in your phase as you can't charge in your opponents turn. Notice the line "are not assaulting" this is referring to instead of you assaulting you can move extra movement. That would probably be the take on it, but knowing some competitive jerks they'll argue till they are blue so be it if so as I won't.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I read it as your assault phase or your opponents. Long as they are not currently fighting or being assaulted/assaulting, then I'd say yes.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when i last checked FAQ where to sopded to anwser all question not make even more.
I do belive that it is ment to be onyl on your turn but from the wording it seems the opposite.
Like i said i want to make sure 100%

·
Registered
172 Posts
Q. The warp jump generator description says may make an extra move "instead of assaulting" Does this mean that they can make thier extra move during the assault phase only if they in possition where they could assault or can they do it anyway?
A. This move can be made in any assault phase during which the Warp spiders are not assaulting or fighting in an assault.
While i do agree that according to the answer they may even jump in the opponents assault phase, i also see a problem with that as i highlighted in the quote.
They need to turn in their chance to assault to use the jump and seeing that they can not assault in the opponents turn, they can not jump.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Warp Spiders have no assault they can substitute for the extra move during their opponent's turn, and so cannot use their bonus move.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
"The warp jump generator description says may make an extra move "instead of assaulting""

That is the assault phase that seems to be refereed to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts