Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in the progress of reading Neferata, where the titular vampire queen have joined Ushoran in Mourkain. And one of her acts to control the barbarian tribes, was to create a false religion. Based around a minor hill goddess called Shaya and having 'redesigned' her with a more pleasing image as a goddess of healing and mercy. Neferata's handmaidens thusly moving unopposed between warring tribes, as few would turn away skilled healers that also could be trusted as diplomats. A cult getting spread far and wide.

Now what goddess sounds suspiciously alike that? Shallya in the current day empire, goddess of healing and mercy. And I recall that the lahmian vampiress Lady Khemalla had once stood model for a painter depicting the goddess of mercy, and Zavant recognized her as well.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
:( I hate black library not releasing it in the U.S. till January. It seems thought that at least now, if she did create Shaya she has kind of left that intrigue by the wayside or hasn't used it in a while.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:( I hate black library not releasing it in the U.S. till January. It seems thought that at least now, if she did create Shaya she has kind of left that intrigue by the wayside or hasn't used it in a while.
Who knows what the lahmian vampires are using, or rather abusing the shallyan cult for? A secret only remains effective if it can be kept supressed and noone have an idea that the innocous healers are the pawns for much darker beings using them as intelligence gatherers and to influence powerful persons by offering precious healing.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Who knows what the lahmian vampires are using, or rather abusing the shallyan cult for? A secret only remains effective if it can be kept supressed and noone have an idea that the innocous healers are the pawns for much darker beings using them as intelligence gatherers and to influence powerful persons by offering precious healing.
Black Plague series

Edit:
Ulrica Series

It maybe that she does use the priestesses but is no longer using it rampantly.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Black Plague series

Edit:
Ulrica Series

It maybe that she does use the priestesses but is no longer using it rampantly.
Or at least not as much as the early days, with Witch hunters seeing enemies everywhere and it doesnt do to unravel an ancient spy network due to overuse, vampires are paragons of patience after all.

·
Registered
287 Posts
This book seems pretty interesting. Someone should post a review or two on the website. I think quality wise, Warhammer has been doing pretty well with their fantasy books.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Or at least not as much as the early days, with Witch hunters seeing enemies everywhere and it doesnt do to unravel an ancient spy network due to overuse, vampires are paragons of patience after all.
Just finished it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts