Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to be able to change the weapons on my ven dred if i buy one.. how would i do this ... magnets ?
if i cant get magnets what should i use.

i want to use a ven dred as my space wolves hq choice in a 500 point game :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
simply pin the weapons but DONT glue them, that should be fine if the weapons arnt very sturdy get the trusty BLUETAC out and use a bit of that.

martin

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got blue tack but no dremmel :-D

haha

people will cry when i field

a ven 2 dreds and a combat squad for my 500 poitns lmfao

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
are you using the metal ven dread? if so which arms do you want to use? the plastic ones wont look very good..

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont know ? im buying on towards this friday the one in the box probably

i dont liek the plastic dreds i always like the metal dreds

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
well is the ven GWS dred metal ?

/ can it change weapons ?

ie

las to assault cannon

would the gw drill be ok for pinning ?

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
I'd be the first to say I'm not a fan of the metal venerable dreadnought. It's mostly the exposed pilot's head and the five fingered claw-- the rest of it is fine. If you could put a proper helmet over the Mk IV power armour helmet that's showing on it like the Forge World ones, and replace the five fingered claw bit with a different claw or a blade, then it'd be a cool model.

But, that really wasn't the point of the question, I guess. As stated, the venerable dreadnought comes with an assault cannon and power fist that have been sculpted particularly for that metal chassis, and even the standard dreadnought arms don't really look right on it, in my opinion.

In response to the most recent question, though-- GW's pin vice should drill through the pewter just fine, as long as you're careful. The drill bits are very...breaky, in my experience. I've started buying drill bits at the hardware store in bulk because I break the stupid things so much.

·
Registered
505 Posts
If it's a friendly game, just buy a normal dreadnought; give it some fancy wargear/purity seals/paint job, and call it a venerable dread.

If you give it enough of the above things it will probably also work in a competitive game.

I have only played friendly games so far so I just use my normal dread as a venerable dread.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
It works in competitive circles as well-- Venerable dreadnoughts have been around long before they ever made a model for them. As long as it looks suitably decked out in the Chapter's heraldry, purity seals, and whatnot, tournament judges would be sorely out of line to call it not modelled correctly/appropriately.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
really.. noone will have any problems with a normal dred being called a ven

what arms are on a normal dred ?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
all of them (Assault cannon, las cannon, missile launcher, CC arm(with either Heavy Flamer or stormbolter)) my BT Ven dread is just the base dread painted and modelled with lots of BT crusader seals and such and it looks venerable enough (bit of an under-statement until i changed the arms, grr need new parts)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts