Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After prying the icon of Tzeentch off the flag pole for the Icon of Chaos Glory, I figured: "There must be an easier way that is less likely to break my models than this."

So, is there? How do you guys work out Icon switching?

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
there are earth magnets that are 2mm wide and 1mm high use these near the icon and top of the pole - it won't look out of place and you'll have interchangable icons. Look on ebay for rare earth magnets.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Nice product placement. :)

You could also drill and pin the pole, then drill (but don't glue) the icons. Just twist the relevant icon onto the pole before each game. If you haven't got a pin vice yet, B&K is an excellent way to go. :victory:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was consiering cannibalizing a bic pen for the ink tube thing. If I wash that out, I could cut off pieces, glue them to icons, and slip that over the pole.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Whoa, does this mean that the IoCG I stuck on my Anointeds' back can only be used as an IoCG? Can't I just say that "technically its an IoT, but it is represented as an IoCG due to fluff reasons"? :(

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Khorothis, it really depends on the game (doesn't everything. :)) I wouldn't give you grief over it, and most people won't if it's explained, but there's probably a few hard-core gamers who would have issues with this.

And this isn't just between IoCG and a mark right? This is for between multiple icons, so you could switch between say Khorne and Nurgle, yah?

·
Registered
21 Posts
of course it has to be magnets... me and my friend do alot of magnet problem, clean easy and relatively cheap to use... hardest problem are finding the right sized magnets....

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Khorothis, it really depends on the game (doesn't everything. :)) I wouldn't give you grief over it, and most people won't if it's explained, but there's probably a few hard-core gamers who would have issues with this.

And this isn't just between IoCG and a mark right? This is for between multiple icons, so you could switch between say Khorne and Nurgle, yah?
In friendly games no one had a problem with it (lots of people don't even know which symbol belongs to which god :p), I was thinking about tournaments. My logic is that DPs can have any mark and spell (even wings!) without any of those being represented on the model and its perfectly fine, although 1, you could buy Balor wings on him and he'd have them 2, paint it in the colours of the given god. However, 1, the model doesn't come with wings and the plastic DP is apparently a lie 2, I've yet to come across the line in the BRB that says "your painting must have something to do with its wargear". You see, its a pretty simple problem but it can turn into a big one if people decide to bitch about it. -_-

·
Registered
205 Posts
Magnets are the easiest way to do it. Magnet on the back of each icon, maget on the pole. Did this recently and it turned out fine. Just make sure you check the magnet polarity before you glue, or else you will be repeling your icons.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts