Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently started a daemons army for 40K. But, with the coming of th new fantasy, im wandering if its possible to inter change my bases for my models? As the majority of my models are scratch built, they souldnt be too hard to magnetise. If that is the best solution, then where can i get small bt strong magnets, and how should i attach the magnets to the bases?
Any suggestions will be greatly apreciated.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
you don't have to worry, just mount them on square bases, the rules for 40k says you base with the bases supplied, if your supplied with 25mm square and round technically by the word of the rules you can use square in 40k

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
For fantasy demons are mounted on either
25mm bases (most infantry and core)
25 x 50 mm bases (hounds of khorne)
40mm bases (beasts of nurgle, fiends)
50mm bases (lords, juggernaughts)

For 40k
25mm bases(infantry)
25 x 50 (hounds)
40mm (fiends, nurgle beasts)
60mm (lords, juggernaughts)

From the above, you can work out where you might need to make extra bases.
Infantry can be placed on the 25mm circle bases for 40 and for fantasy just rank them up on the movement tray. Same can be done with the 40mm circle bases as well.

For the lords and juggernaughts you might have problems as the 40k circle bases are larger than the fantasy square bases and the area of a 50mm square base won't fit into the circle of a 60mm circle base. In this case you might have to make a base swap or make the circle bases slightly bigger than 60mm to fit the 50mm square base.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
or just not worry about any of it since its only tournies that might have a problem, if there based correctly for fantasy theres no good reason not to use them in 40k, unless you regularly play against asses

1 - 8 of 8 Posts