Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have met so many people who do this... let me give you an example

Tau players- I will admit, the army that got me into warhammer was the tau. I never really played with them, but the reason that drove me away from playing them was (not just their so-so stats) every Tau player I met at the time seemed to think their army sucked and the guard were better. Then why play them? If your just going to run around saying “tau suck, guard rap us at range combat” why do you play them. I have met almost a dozen tau players and all but one have said this to me (not counting the ones on several forums ive been haunting were i have gotton the same response)

Anyone else know people that insult their own army and your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Don't think i've known anyone to do that, I've heard plenty of moaning but no insulting.
Dice tend to be a frequent subject with Orks players i know, due to the amount they have to roll. Then again everyone complains about the dice for one thing or another.
I've heard a few Tau players curse their Low BS but not insult the army.
Lots of complaining here but no Insulting.

SGMAlice

·
Registered
458 Posts
I think that people who dis their army are often just trying to make excuses for losing, by trying to make it seem as though the battle is unfair due to their supposedly inferior army. Most of its just comlplaining though, which gets agrivating after a while. Though I must admit a do my fair share as a CSM player.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Tau do suck:grin: but they are awesome, and i even considered them when i first got into warhammer. compared to a IG player though tau would get raped. lol actually against any army:grin:
Im a ass

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Serriously? I get raped by the Tau... course thats just me sucking but meh.

The only Tau dissing I ever hear is TEHY ARE TEH ANIME ARMY LOLZ!!! I mostly hear people giving the guard crap, I usualy jump in too just because its so fun. And easy. So easy to make fun of the guard... when they're alone...

That reminds me, anyone know what happens when you attach a flashlight to the barral of a lasgun? It becomes twin linked.

ANYWAY the point I was gradualy makeing my way to is, they are probably just makeing fun of them for the lulz, not actualy complaining. That, or they love the armies fluff and hate rules they see as sucking.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
the few people who complain about their army fall in 2 categories 1) codex is in desperate need of an upgrade (crons, tau, DH/WH etc etc) 2) feel that they got ripped off from the newest Ed / codex (chaos mainly, but have heard some eldar -Sam Sien(?))

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I play Tau and rip my own army for funzies. Plus when my commander single handedly beats Prince Yriel in close combat its all the more funny.

·
Registered
500 Posts
If you blame your army, its no longer the incompitent commander's fault.
Most of the time its not incompetence its bad rolls that can throw even the most perfect strategy down the drain.

Also when a new guy comes into the hobby shop I will pretend to be the biggest noob in the shop and then I compleatly annihilate them on the board there faces are so funny:laugh:

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I hardly complain about my army. I just get annoyed that people say eldar are only effective with tons of mech, fire dragons backed up by eldrad. I never seem to have problems and use only one tank in the army.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
My Army (Space Marines) is broken beyond Repair when will GW finally give us Las-Cannon equipped Terminators with Jump packs???!!!
Same time they give us squads of commisars with jump packs and a pair of power fists each.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts