Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yello, Heretics!
After failing miserably at getting a Golden Daemon entry up for this year, I was casting around for something to really get my paint flowing when I stumbled upon a model I hadn't seen for ages, one that I really, really like. No matter rules or viability, I just love the Tau Sniper Drones and Controller.
This got me thinking; whenever I look through a new Codex, or even just one I haven't read before, I always get really inspired to start making that army. Just looking at the models and reading the fluff gets me excited. BUT! There is always a single model that grabs me more than any other, one that just catches my imagination and makes me drool at the thought of painting it and playing with it.
Obviously the Tau Sniper kit gets me hot and bothered, as does the Space Pope. So, my question is what single model does it for the other Heretics out there? It can be a model from an army you don't play, one from an army you do, or even the model that got you into the game/embodies the fluff more than any other. Rules don't matter, particularly, in this, although if it was a perfect fusion, then what the hell!
Have at it!

GFP

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
For me it would be the FW kit for the Brass Scorpion, every time I see one I think about making a small force of Chaos just to justify one, but every time I come to my senses - though I am sure that one day I will just go and buy one to get it out of my system

·
Registered
454 Posts
Inquisitor Rex form FW. I used to stare at it for long hours, but told myself was too expensive. Then the buying spree hit me and now I'm having the time of my life painting that dude.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
I'll second the Brass Scorpion. Originally it would have been the Mega Dread but i have one of those now.

It just looks so awesome, and seeing it tear through an opposing army would be epic :biggrin:

SGMAlice
me too! just picked up the mek boy dread too, still waiting on his arms though.

I have to admit im very very inspired by the Ork range, i never used to be a fan of the models as they were shite, but since the relaunch i love the models, the new dreds and Kans are amazing, the only thing mi not too impressed with is the stompa, i would have preferred them to drop the upside down flower pot design in favour of a more mega dread looking model.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I saw the fantasy Galrauch model when I first started (it had just been released) and after a few years it tempted me to collect a tzeentchian daemons army. I even used the heads and wings to make my own fateweaver. It just looks sooooo badass.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I think, like me and a lot of other people, fell in love with Chaos during 3rd Edition all in part of the Bloodthirster. Preferably the older model - I always liked that one better.

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
I'll continue the FW love & say the only new model thats got me thinking about starting a new army is the FW "Chinorc" Warcopter. It's just such a badass model & concept. Plus a friend just gave me a simi-painted, in-pieces Orc army in a box I just might have to make an AirCav Orc Mob.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The "humble" Grey Knight terminator. He really embodies the 'knight in shining armour' ideal - the valiant protector that appears from nowhere to destroy the enemy.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I second the grey knight termie

Amazing model(s)

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
The new Huron model has me wanting to collect a SM army, the last army I ever wanted to play. I still love the new DP set aswell. Oooh and the older KoS with the Goathead... I cant make up my mind.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Slann: You gotta love a frog on a flying throne. It single-handedly got me starting Lizardmen that I just got today :D

FW Carnifex with the wreckingball attachment I. LOVE. THAT. MODEL!!!!!! someday man...someday

Harlequins: The multi-colour looks really cool to me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts