Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
We are Ogyon and Yria from Insomnia Painting Studio. We started by playing 40k (Yria Orks - Ogyon Templar) some years ago. Nowdays we mostly paint (Yria) and make terrain or sculpt things (Ogyon).
I will be posting all our pics here,it will be pics from commissions we made so far and personal/fun painting projects, mostly from dnd we play
We hope you all like our work but mostly comment on what you like or not.

So, lets get started..
Once a week we play dnd, i decided that i ll try to paint at least one miniature that we ll use in every session, so here is "THE DRAGON"!!! (a miniature from our board game "wrath of the asardalon")

All comments are welcome!!!
c ya!

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Welcome to Heresy online!

A beautiful piece for your first post. I look forward to seeing more of your work. Is this all hand painted or is some of the work done with an airbrush? How big is the model. I am not familiar with "Wrath of the Asardalon" so have no idea of the scale.

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
Well done mate! That's a nice model, a truly fantastic way to start this forum. I am bristling with anticipation until you post something else :grin:

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Holy f..... :shok:

That is a mightily impressive piece of work!
Have a cookie :so_happy:

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Hi, welcome to Heresy! I really like the blending and general composition of that dragon, very impressive!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@humakt : emh, the base size is like large (100'') in warhammer.. So the mini is the same size (i guess) as the dragons in warhammer fantasy..

thx a lot for your kind words guys :)

Ezekkiel is a commission for a good client.. Unfortunately the base theme could not change as it needed to suit with his old minis.. :/

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ty guys for your kind words!!! :so_happy:

Our latest work is for space marine army, Stalker/Hunter. It's a mini that i painted for ebay and its "running" this week. I painted heavy weathering as most of the commissions i have want really "clean" result, my ork "nature" was screaming for some real rust!!! :) ..and thus the final result..
What do you think?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello again ! :)
Today I'm posting a commission of 3 Eldar Wraithknights we had. The client wanted the scheme to be blue without any other color, so we went for high contrast so the result would be more "interesting". The heads and some of their armor, as well as their swords, are painted with different color because the client wanted "something different" to every miniature. All the weapon options are magnetized for easy use.
Comments are always welcome!

Cheers!!

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
That's some nice work!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ty guys :)

A commission for a client.. Some Space wolves Drop Pods :) The quality i was asked to paint them is tabletop, but i tried to make it a little bit "interesting".. :)

Cheers!!

·
Slave to the Brush
678 Posts
Nice work on these! I like the scheme on the drop pods, and the weathering on stalker/hunter is awesome. I too feel that vehicles need to be beat to hell, not really a fan of the super clean, fresh off the line vehicles. It's the war ravaged 41st millennium, lets get some bolter holes in there!! Looking forward to seeing more from y'all, keep 'em comin!

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
I'm really loving all this painting mate. That tank is fantastically done (I'd love to see that baby in red), and everything else is pretty banging. I'm a little skeptical about those "tabletop" quality pods - those look pretty damn good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ty Jamob :)

This is a speed paint (2 hours) commission we painted for a client. The client wanted our lowest quality (tabletop) in a minimum of time. We knew the result wouldn't be satisfactorily, so we emphasized to miniature's cloth, relic and gun most of the 2 hours and the rest is painted really simple..

Cheers!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts