Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My name's Lianne, I'm from Cardiff, UK and I just started with 40K (been playing MechWarrior ish for over a year, but mostly a roleplayer).

I played my first game using a borrowed Imperial Guard army from my friend against the same friend stealing *his* friends Chaos Space Marines army (mildly complicated, I know) a couple of months ago. I won and was instantly hooked.

I was not, however, hooked onto Guard. Nope, I decided I liked the mighty, spiky chaosy goodness of those little plastic spacement instead. I've had a copy of 1st Ed. WFRP for years so I already knew about the Chaos Gods and had decided before that they were pretty cool and that Slaanesh and Nurgle were my favourites (and that, forgive me, Khorne is *really* boring).

Plus, I've been playing Dark Heresy for about six months now and had come to realise that the Imperium of Man really is a very, very horrible place and is mostly made up of things I hate (authoritarianism being the foremost). I like my liberty goddammit and in a weird not-really kinda way, Chaos offers it (or at least more of it than the Imperium does).

So yeah, I decided to go for Slaanesh/Nurgle flavoured CSMs. Y'know, the old STD combo. :p

I've got very few models so far as I'm buying them piecemeal on the cheap. So far just four basecoated Noise Marines I picked up for £8 (two blastmasters, two sonic blasters, no sellout bolters here), about 8 CSMs (part pre-fabbed, part sprue and one with a Slaaneshi head, yay!) and a Dreadnought I picked up for £11 (all I had to do was strip some minor painting). All from my local FLGS. I’m going to get a Battleforce from the same place in the next fortnight (and sell the Zerkers off to my friend General) because they’re so much cheaper than GW.

So far I’m mostly concentrating on Slaanesh, because I like him/her/it. Nurgle stuff will come later. I’ve done some basic greenstuff (tentacles, pointy codpieces) and swapped some parts around (including, shock horror, a female SM head. So sue me, it’s Slaanesh), but I’d like to get properly converty so any starting easy-but-impressive tips would be handy. I can’t paint them until I move house unfortunately, but that’s next weekend, so that’s something.

Apart from my first Guard vs. CSMs game, the only thing I’ve played was a huuuuuuuge Apocalypse game, with a borrowed CSM army (not many points so I wasn’t all that influential on the battle, sadly) and the only three of my own CSMs I had at the time. They are my babies and I can bet that I’ll get around to giving them names soon. Yes, I know.

So yeah, hi! Hope to get involved here slowly and eventually post up some pics and so on and I’d be glad for any advice you guys can give me!

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Hello, and welcome to Heresy Online! Hope you enjoy your stay! You know what, you like the two Chaos Gods I dont like, in my opinion Tzenetch and Khorne are ftw... Hehe, different personalities...

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Hello and welcome to Heresy Online!

Good choice to go with Nurgle and Slaanesh. In my opinion they are two of the most fun armies in the game to play, especially for a CSM player.

There's also so much possibility when modelling and painting Nurgle.

Good luck and feel free to show us pictures of your models in the Modelling and Painting forum. I hope you enjoy your stay :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello, and welcome to Heresy Online! Hope you enjoy your stay! You know what, you like the two Chaos Gods I dont like, in my opinion Tzenetch and Khorne are ftw... Hehe, different personalities...
Haha. Heh, I like Tzeentch just fine really. He's got a good thing to be god of, he's just a bit too much of a scheming bastard for me. But he's pretty OK. I'm really not fond of Khorne though. Shouting "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!" is brilliant and really fun, but otherwise he's too boring for me. Far too "Hulk Smash!". But yeah, different awesome-Chaosness for different people I guess!

Thanks for the reply!

Hello and welcome to Heresy Online!

Good choice to go with Nurgle and Slaanesh. In my opinion they are two of the most fun armies in the game to play, especially for a CSM player.

There's also so much possibility when modelling and painting Nurgle.

Good luck and feel free to show us pictures of your models in the Modelling and Painting forum. I hope you enjoy your stay :)
Thanks for making me feel welcome!

I love the fluff for Nurgle and Slaanesh. Slaanesh is my kinda god in terms of, ahem, hobbies and Nurgle has a really awesome concept with the whole "Papa Nurgle" caring-through-cholera idea. He just wants to give everyone a big, infectious hug, bless him.

I see more modelling opportunities with Nurgle and more painting opportunities with Slaanesh, personally. But I think painting Nurgle will be fun if I can use my imagination and stay away from too much plain green.

I'm putting in an order for my Battleforce on Friday, hopefully, yay!

Also, awesome avatar you've got there.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Thanks for making me feel welcome!

I love the fluff for Nurgle and Slaanesh. Slaanesh is my kinda god in terms of, ahem, hobbies and Nurgle has a really awesome concept with the whole "Papa Nurgle" caring-through-cholera idea. He just wants to give everyone a big, infectious hug, bless him.

I see more modelling opportunities with Nurgle and more painting opportunities with Slaanesh, personally. But I think painting Nurgle will be fun if I can use my imagination and stay away from too much plain green.

I'm putting in an order for my Battleforce on Friday, hopefully, yay!

Also, awesome avatar you've got there.
You know what that's a very good reason to choose Nurgle and Slaanesh and I've never thought about it like that but you really do have a lot of room for modelling with Nurgle and painting with Slaanesh.

Good luck and thanks for the comment about the avatar :wink:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Greetings nice to have you on board. Always nice to have more Slaanesh players here as have a soft spot for them.

Look forward to the pics

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Glory to chaos in all its forms. Personally a bit of HULK SMASH can be therapeutic.
Welcome to heresy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Greetings nice to have you on board. Always nice to have more Slaanesh players here as have a soft spot for them.

Look forward to the pics
Cheers! I'll definitely take pics once I've done more to them.
Slaanesh players are clearly the most awesome, most intelligent people on the planet. :p

Glory to chaos in all its forms. Personally a bit of HULK SMASH can be therapeutic.
Welcome to heresy
Thanks! And indeed, death to the False Emperor. And his little dog too.

The army's coming along a little now. Picked up three more marines on the cheap and a second-hand Vindicator which need a little bit of love and attention. I should probably have taken before and after shots of that. Some kid had plastic glued the roof plates all sticking up badly and out of place, but I managed to dismantle it and put it back together properly. And only one flesh wound to show for it!

It's a loyalist one, so I'll be Nurglifying it soon.

Unfortunately, the shop I was going to get my Battleforce from isn't taking orders at the moment, so I'm going to my local non-GW wargames shop on Sunday to grab one from there instead. Should still be pretty cheap.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Cheers! I'll definitely take pics once I've done more to them.
Slaanesh players are clearly the most awesome, most intelligent people on the planet. :p
Of course they are.... And they colour and style that they have is really cool. And love the models.

Love the enthusiasm that you have.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Of course they are.... And they colour and style that they have is really cool. And love the models.

Love the enthusiasm that you have.
Haha, and to think that I used to say that wargaming was just maths with little models. Then I worked out how awesome little models are, heh. I'm already loving putting my army together and I've barely done anything yet!

In other news, for anyone still interested, I picked up a bunch of stuff at a wargames bring and buy recently. Got myself a bunch of marine models for a tenner (including two proper Noise Marines), a defiler (missing a leg) for a fiver, two Rhinos for a fiver each, seven Plague Marines for a fiver and, best of all, a properly painted traitor Baneblade for.....twenty quid! It is *seriously* awesome. Going to have to leave it painted as it is for a while though, since my painting will undoubtedly not be as good as the current job (a very nice one) for ages.

Ooh, I forgot, my friend also got me ten of the old Diaz daemonettes off eBay for £25! They were cheap because they're missing maybe half of the arms but I'm either going to mould those out of greenstuff or do greenstuff tentacles as replacements.

And I finally bought my battleforce.

So going well, all in all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts