Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok so i had a idea for a ork kommander. i thought about a couple of special rules, they sound orky to me but i dont play with orks so..... yeah.
heres one.
extreme insanity
at the start of the movement phase roll a d6, on a 4 or lower everythings fine, continue your turn as normal but on a 5+ roll another d6 and consult the chart below:

1-2 git away from me!: every unit(friend or foe) within 12" takes d6 automatic s5 ap - hits as (insert name, anyone?) franticly fires at everything in range.

3-4 come an' git me!: every unit with LoS to ----- must immeditly take a leadership test, those that fail must advance 2d6 directly towards him. fearless units are not effected
or
youz iz mine!: ----- immeditly moves 2d6" toward the nearest enemy unit, charging if possible.if he charges this turn he gets +2 attacks instead of +1. if he is in range with any weapons he fires double the amount of shots usaully fired.

5-6: gimme dat!: ----- must take the ranged weapon of a model in his squad(no test he just rips the weapon from their hands!) and fire it in the shooting phase(the owner counts as being equipped with a slugga and choppa).

if after firing ther are no deaths then the weapon is returned to the owner. but if it causes deaths then roll on the chart below:

1: stupid thin'!: angry at the low amount of deaths the commander crushes the weapon with his boot. the weapon is destroyed and the owner counts as being equipped with a choppa and slugga for the rest of the game

2: grrrrrr: the warboss grips the weapon tighter from frustration, breaking it. the weapon fires half the amount of shots(rounding up) it would usaully for the rest of the game. it is then given back to the owning model

3-5 its alright i suppose: satisfied with the results ---- gives the weapon back to its owner. the owner counts as being armed with the weapon starting from next turn.

6 har har har!: ---- decides to keep the weapon, starting from next turn he counts as being equipped with it as well as any weapons he allready has, it becomes yet another weapon for ---- to kill with

thats it for now, tell me what you think.

EDITED: roll 3-4

·
Registered
84 Posts
Got to say i like the idea of the gimme dat rule, thats very orky, and i can see there being some intresting weapons being used by this kommander

Not so sure about the Come an' get me, although its very orky in nature i can't really see a space marine charging forward because a filthy xeno has issued some crazed tuant. It might be better if it worked in the oposite manor, instead of them charging toward the kommander, prohaps you should have the kommander charging them.

so something like:
3-4 Oi youz iz mine!: Roll 2D6, this gives you your max range of charge, all enermy units with in this raduis are numbered by the opposing player and the controlling player rolls X amount of D6 to determine which unit the kommander charges. So if there are 6 or less units in range then it D6 roll if theres 7-12 the 2D6, and so on and so forth

this i think gives a balance for the opposing player, as it could disadvantage you but then it could him aswell, and plus it would be really mint to see a big orky kommander going nutz n charging down a leman russ or somthing

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Not so sure about the Come an' get me, although its very orky in nature i can't really see a space marine charging forward because a filthy xeno has issued some crazed tuant. It might be better if it worked in the oposite manor, instead of them charging toward the kommander, prohaps you should have the kommander charging them.

so something like:
3-4 Oi youz iz mine!: Roll 2D6, this gives you your max range of charge, all enermy units with in this raduis are numbered by the opposing player and the controlling player rolls X amount of D6 to determine which unit the kommander charges. So if there are 6 or less units in range then it D6 roll if theres 7-12 the 2D6, and so on and so forth

this i think gives a balance for the opposing player, as it could disadvantage you but then it could him aswell, and plus it would be really mint to see a big orky kommander going nutz n charging down a leman russ or somthing
yeah i was thinking about that, yours sounds better but it only really works in close range so what happens if you get it on the first turn?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts