Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Would you have a problem with the options in the orginal post?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure wether to put this here or in the Fluff section so I flipped a coin and it came up heads.

I'm still riding the high after seeing the new Harlie mini's and have been thinking up reasons why I could use one or two (Troupe Master and Spellsinger or even maybe Death Jester) in my DH army. The main one I came up with is the obvious - Puritan =I= working with Harlequins/Eldar - already set up in GW canon etc, only problem is that only one of my two =I= is a Puritan (or appears to be). Does that really matter, as I can always say that the Harlequins don't know about his true path and only ever help in certain situations.

I would only ever game at Club Level/with Mates, probably not in store or tournies (although if I did want to then I would buy the right mini's). Does this idea sound good or just plain bollacks.

The options I have come up for Harlequin/DH mini cross over rules are:

Death Jester: Vindacre Assassin (Very fringe idea, not sure if it'd work)
Troupe Master: Death Cult Assassin
Spell Singer: Death Cult Assassin, Callidus Assassin

Comments, suggestions etc

The poll has been added to get some black and white answers.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Im going with a no... one of the central tenets of the imperium is that aliens are all to be deaded. Ordo Xenos might use them from time to time, but Malleus? They've got all they need..

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the honesty. I'm expecting a fair amount of this but thought I'd check anyway.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'd say use the actual eldar rules with your Inq. for WYSIWYG purposes.
Just split your force into 2 org options or 1 Std organization (=I=) and 1 combat patrol (Harlies).

malleus would work with harlies as they are both against chaos.
though according to background fluff the Harlies would just appear, fight their own battle, then dissappear in most cases.

Wasn't the =I= lord who had been taken to the Black Library and then captured by ahriman a malleus Bod?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
If anything, Deathcult only. And that's a shaky one. They certainly look the part anyway, but even so, you'lll get a lot of people who are like, "Whaaaaat??? Those are eldar minis...in a DH army...gahhh!!!" *runs around as the time space continuum is shredded*

·
Registered
11 Posts
My two cents would be play them. If you are just hanging out playing with people you know and play with why not. Might as well have fun and just mess around.

However, I might feel differently after some rogue harls sliced and diced my army to pieces. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Would Inq's let Harlies join them for a battle of not? i think thats the basic poll question. the answer, by the way, is not.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From what I understand of current canon the answer toboth questions is yes. The reason to the poll is to ask if you would have a major problem with it?.

The Harlies let a =I= into the Black Library remember...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts