Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any mark or heraldry that visually identifies which Ordos an Inquisitor belongs to? Something on the rosette, or a badge of some kind, that declares them to be a member of Xenos, Malleus or Hereticus?

·
Registered
194 Posts
A rosette typically just shows that you are an Inquisitor, regardless of whether you are in an Ordo or not. I always figured they announced it. Of course insiders who see an inquisitor with a daemonhammer will guess Malleus. And I always see Witch-hunters wearing those cool hats.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
I'm sure the Ordo Malleus carry something, gonna have to dig out the Daemon Hunters codex and have a look, could be wrong but i seem to remember seeing some sort of badge of office mentioned somewhere

·
Registered
104 Posts
I suspect the rosette, containing lots of coded data states which Ordo you belong to. The Ordo Malleus especially, as they're the smallest and most exclusive.

Older fluff, of the Jaq Draco era, has Inquisitors with electoos they can switch on and off. Not debunked by more recent fluff, but as it's not been mentioned elsewhere it can be taken as an optional thing, I think.

And hey, Inquisitors have no uniform. Not every Malleus Inquisitor carries a daemonhammer or even fights at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts