Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
in the daemonhunters or witchhunters codexs
Sorry. To be clear, I know what they do, I read the WH codex, but where do I find rules telling me how to take Inquisitorial Stormtroopers as part of an SW list? I see people doing that (e.g. Stelek) and wonder where the rule is that allows it?

Where is the rule that allows it?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
in the daemonhunter or witchunter codex.
These hand-wavey answers are unhelpful. I read the Codex Daemonhunter and Codex Witch Hunter pdfs from the Workshop site before asking and there is no rule in them allowing allies. The 5th ed. FAQs to those lists do mention allies, but naturally enough doesn't go into details.

Looking further abroad I find on page 21 of a (c)2003 version of Codex Daemonhunters a call-out allowing Space Marines or Imperial Guard to take the following

0-1 HQ
0-1 ELITE
0-2 TROOPS
0-1 FAST

The parent list must fulfil any compulsory FOC requirements. Note that this call-out does not appear in the Codex pdfs; and the original is no longer available. Is the old Codex still valid? If it is still valid, are other older Codexes still valid?!

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
forgot about those stupid half assed PDF's GW did.

the codex's are still valid, and the PDF's are just missing those bits because GW were too lazy to do a proper job on them, but I do remember them saying your still allowed to ally, its just the PDF's are pretty useless from that standpoint without the originals.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
forgot about those stupid half assed PDF's GW did.
They really are, aren't they. Half-assed, I mean.

the codex's are still valid, and the PDF's are just missing those bits because GW were too lazy to do a proper job on them, but I do remember them saying your still allowed to ally, its just the PDF's are pretty useless from that standpoint without the originals.
Makes me wonder what other tricks are possible with the marine lists. Like Imperial Armour; is that stuff legal in 5th? I'm thinking here of space marines characters and such like. Terminators as troops and all that.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Makes me wonder what other tricks are possible with the marine lists. Like Imperial Armour; is that stuff legal in 5th? I'm thinking here of space marines characters and such like. Terminators as troops and all that.
imperial armour has updates on the FW site to be legal in 5th, but they mainly specialize in vehicles, not making terminators troops or anything like that since thats already covered in the main codex's for some armies.

as to there legallity, thats up to your opponent, and if there tight twats who think everything FW makes is underpriced and overpowered (the opposite of what it really is), well then your screwed.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found this in the FAQ to IA8.

Q. Is it OK to use the special characters from the campaign in other
games of 40K?
A. These characters were included to add colour and interest to the
campaign, they are not intended for wider use. That said, in friendly ..
games with your mates then I can see no reason why you couldn’t use
them, but only if both players agree. In more competitive games then
the answer is no, stick to the army lists.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts