Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just had the sudden urge to start allying my IG army with a small Inquisition force, and add a unit of Stormtroopers.

I know that I either want to paint the STroopers black (like a spec. ops. team) or white, (paying homage to the REAL Stormtroopers).

Opinions? (If you have some pics of the two scemes, could you post them please? This would help heaps!)

Cheers

AB

·
Registered
445 Posts
Inquisition colors tend to be black and red or grey and red. If you want to keep mostly black, a red I with two cross hashes on a shoulder plate (and probably the eagles should be red too).

I think white works better for space marines than any sort of guardsman. Guardsmen look a bit too realistic, if they're white I'd automatically assume they're arctic troopers rather than storm troopers, whereas if Space Marines can be bright red, yellow or blue, they can be white and I wouldn't think twice.

What minis are you using? Cadian Karskins? Or did you actually find the official storm troopers that were once on the Daemonhunters section of the website?

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
I would do urban black/dark gray plates with urban camp fatigues. It looks badass for black-ops teams.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Get them and do the urban camo scheme. It will look badass.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Lousy picture, but here's the color scheme I'm using for my Cadians: german Feldgrau and black. The grey green is a 1:1 mix of codex grey and catachan green.

As an added plus, it looks like the uniforms of the bridge officers on Star Destroyers.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice work mahavira. I like the green look. What I want to try and do though is make my Inquisitorial allies a different colour scheme to my Guard.

My Imperial Guard have blue armour and the classic khaki fatigues, but I want the Inquistion to be red (I think) but still link in with my other army, either through blues or the khaki.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Having now seen your pics, I think red armor. Since camo is not as much of an issue, sharp red uniforms fits well for an elite unit, but I'm not sure it goes with blue armor. Red armor should go fine with the khaki, maybe they're nicknamed 'redcaps' after the mythical fey that wash their hats in the blood of their fallen enemies (or maybe that doesn't work in a universe with Khorne...).

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Don't IG get Storm Troopers anyway?????

·
Registered
59 Posts
I know that I either want to paint the STroopers black (like a spec. ops. team) or white, (paying homage to the REAL Stormtroopers).
These guys were the **real** stormtroopers
(Sturmabteilung AKA SA or stormtroop(ers)). I dare you to paint your inquisition like that, you may get some funny looks at your FLGS.

·
Registered
445 Posts
These guys were the **real** stormtroopers
(Sturmabteilung AKA SA or stormtroop(ers)). I dare you to paint your inquisition like that, you may get some funny looks at your FLGS.
[Nerd On] Actually the term stormtrooper is older than the Nazi SA, and is derived from WWI. The SA, while many of its founders were WWI veterans, never saw any action beyond street fighting with other political militias and the Beer Hall Putsch. Their leadership was purged in the "Night of Long Knives" and the organization sidelined shortly after the Nazis gained power. If one was to use the term stormtrooper or German stormtrooper, the more common association would be the SS, who wore Black, or later Feldgrau. [Nerd off].

The SA are sufficiently obscure that you could probably get away with the uniforms (without the red armbands and swastikas, which are a bit of a giveaway) and nobody would notice. Going all the way is asking for trouble, depending on what country you're in (anti nazi laws in Europe are so strict that a man was jailed for teaching his dog to do the Hitler salute). I can't really criticize since my IG are done in SS style (without the armbands (lack the green stuff fu) and swastikas (because I'm not actually a white supremist)).

As to the Buddhist argument, lol. There was a mini stink up here in Canada a couple of years back because a family bought Christmas crackers which were made in China, and one of the toys in a cracker was a panda figure with a hat decorated with a swastika. "Nazi Panda" was an actual headline.

Of course even had the manufacturer known about the meaning of swastikas in NA/Europe, they may not have changed anything because the symbols are less meaningful there - there have been Nazi theme bars in South Korea and Japan.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts