Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, I decided I want to add some ISTs to my space wolf army. The thing is, though, I like how the SWs are traditionally opposed to the inquisition and the imperial bureaucracy, so I wondered if I could do some interesting 'counts as' for them. If I can't get any good ideas I'll just use cadian IG for them, but maybe someone can inspire me :)

I thought about making them as pre-implant space wolves, that is, the ones that have been picked from the tribes but not altered yet. That would explain the normal human S/T, but I don't think it would be well suited to their BS 4, since even Blood Claws are still BS 3. Also the fact they carry 2 special weapons is a bit iffy, since if they're brand new recruits they wouldn't get to carry the best weaponry yet.

so in short, my one idea doesn't have me very convinced. Anyone else have something in mind?

thanks,

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
-They're rogue IG? You could have a group of 40 storm troopers decide they'd rather work for the SW than the ordos.
-Their boss dies while they're stationed with the wolves, they stay.
-They're a penal legion that works with the wolves. The SW consider their debt payed after they show valour in combat (or whatever) and allow the prisoners more freedom & better guns.

Those still involve bureaucracy though...

·
Registered
742 Posts
Propably Scout legs, and cadian torsos (if they are not wrong proportioned) and GS the dual chestplate thingy together, so it won't look silly! And scout sniper arms, just give them lasguns with cables linked to the back, under the cloak, instead of magazines, and make fur on top of the cloaks! Also put WFB marauder horsemen heads on them, as they are bald an beardy many of them.

I am propably very wrong due to the scout miniatures...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts