Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I've commented on other people's characters I figure I might as well post the first draft of a new Inquisitor I've been working on so you lot can return the favour.

I've just about finished building the model - I'll post a pic in a day or so, but basically it's the bounty hunter torso and legs with Talon's head wearing a hat. He's armed with one of Kal Jerico's swords, Gruss's pistol, a shotgun across his back and a couple of frag grenades on his belt.

Obviously his weapons and equipment are pretty much fixed now that the model is almost built, but any and all comments will be appreciated - especially on his background, it definitely needs work.

- Dave

Inquisitor Viktor Cushing - Ordo Sepulturum

Viktor Cushing was a promising young doctor in a medicae facility on Galinost Secundus, a populous Imperial World close to the Cadian Gate, where he headed the Department of Communicable Diseases. When Inquisitor Kaldoon arrived unexpectedly at the facility, everyone assumed the worst - that someone at the facility had knowingly or unknowingly committed heresy, and they were all about to lose their lives in the subsequent purge. The truth was rather different, Kaldoon was looking to recruit a bright young doctor and it transpired that Cushing had exactly the kind of moral flexibility that Kaldoon was looking for.

Kaldoon revealed himself as a member of the Revivicator movement investigating the effect the Zombie Plague has on the body and soul of the victim. The last head of his medical staff had died during an outbreak of a virus on Vigilar IV, and Cushing was to be his replacement. At first Cushing baulked at the prospect of deliberately infecting innocent people with plagues and contagions but his distaste soon turned to curiosity (as Kaldoon knew it would) and Cushing threw himself into the work. For the next twenty-five years, Cushing headed Kaldoon's research staff in his laboratory aboard the Azure Dictum. His formidable intellect, backed by the vast resources of the Inquisition resulted in several advances in the understanding of the Zombie Plague.

In the early days Cushing preferred to remain behind the scenes, but it soon became clear that his sharp mind, hitherto used to investigate the course of infectious diseases, made him an excellent Inquisitorial acolyte. As time progressed he was entrusted with the prosecution of several of Kaldoon's investigations. When Kaldoon contracted Vash Syndrome in his 163rd year, he knew the disease disease was incurable and would slowly rob him of his faculties, eventually rendering him unable to continue his work. As one of his final acts as an Inquisitor he petitioned for Cushing to be promoted to Inquisitorial rank. This done, Kaldoon retired to the garden world Sagittar Prime; from there he continued to guide and assist his protege, but never returned to active service.

Cushing acquired many of his mentor's contacts and much of his equipment, including the Azure Dictum, but he never adopted Kaldoon's Revivicator beliefs. Much of the time Cushing appears more like a seasoned doctor or worldly wise academic, than an Inquisitor; but he is surprisingly atheltic and has been well trained in the arts of combat by Sergeant Yeovil, the commander of the Azure Dictum's stormtrooper contingent.

Over the years, Cushing investigations have halted no less than seven outbreaks of the Zombie Plague; he was also instrumental in the containment of an epidemic of the Obliterator Virus on Agripinaa, and the prevention of numerous other plagues that have afflicted Imperial worlds. His finest hour came, when he led a squad of Grey Knights and banished the Plague Daemon Grollenhorst whose foul minions had condemned the entire populace of the Melnox system to a slow and lingering death.

WS=75 BS=72 S=61 T=63 I=72 Wp=84 Sg=89 Nv=80 Ld=78 Speed=5

Cushing is right-handed.

Equipment: Autopistol + reload; Pump-action Shotgun loaded with solid shells + eight solid shells and six inferno shells; two frag grenades; Power Sabre; Medi-kit; Detox Gland; Infrascope goggles; Filtration plugs.

Armour: Carapace armour on chest and abdomen; Flak armour on all other locations except head.

Abilities: Leader, Medic, Sepulturum, True Grit.

Power Sabre - this curved, single-edged blade is often used by officers of the Janisorian Rough Rider Regiments. It is lighter than most power swords and has the following profile; Reach=3 Damage=2D10 Parry penalty=-10%

Sepulturum – a character with this trait has faced the hordes of the undead on numerous occasions and has become hardened to their nature and appearance. The character is immune to the effects of Fearsome and Terrifying when caused by plague zombies and similar creatures.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Is there any type of flame-based grenade? Because that would make a great alternative to the frag grenades in my opinion. In DOW, SOB have things called Phosphor grenades, not sure how cannon they are, but something like that suits a plague hunting character. How about adding a bio-scanner to his equiptment, he is going to be searching alot after all. Good fluff though, its a pretty untalked about Ordo in my experience, but has alot of potential, as you have demonstrated extremly well. Is Crushing not of any faction? Im guessing thats the case, but I don't know for sure. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there any type of flame-based grenade? Because that would make a great alternative to the frag grenades in my opinion.
IIRC, Emissary Fabian has some sort of firebomb, however I decided to stick with frag grenades as although flamers and suchlike seem to be favoured weapons to use against zombies, the fire isn't that likely to kill them outright so instead of being chased by a zombie, you're now being chased by a zombie who's on fire! That said, I did give him a handful of inferno shells for his shotgun - although a better use for them would probably be to burn the bodies of plague victims.

How about adding a bio-scanner to his equiptment, he is going to be searching alot after all.
I'll probably give that to a warband member - don't want to put all my eggs in one basket.

Good fluff though, its a pretty untalked about Ordo in my experience, but has alot of potential, as you have demonstrated extremly well. Is Crushing not of any faction? Im guessing thats the case, but I don't know for sure.
At the minute no, he hasn't revealed any particular factional beliefs, he's wholeheartedly thrown himself into the fight against unnatural plagues and is a very active and respected member of the Sepulturum. At the minute my plans for his warband are a bounty hunter who got caught up in an outbreak of the zombie plague and ended up fighting alongside Cushing, and Stormtrooper Sergeant Yeovil. I've already got the parts to build those two, but at some point in the future I'd like to add a Sister Hospitalier to the team as well.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Once again you impress me with your modelling prowess Kaled. The model looks awsome. Few questions though, how strong is this guy gonna be wielding a chainsword and bolt pistol/gun? Or is it just modelled so you can see both weapons, but he wouldn't actually wield them simultaneously. Post some stats please. But top job nonetheless.

L.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just realised I never posted the third member of the team in this thread - she's Sister Eleanor of the Order of the Eternal Candle.

Few questions though, how strong is this guy gonna be wielding a chainsword and bolt pistol/gun? Or is it just modelled so you can see both weapons, but he wouldn't actually wield them simultaneously. Post some stats please.
Like most of my characters, he's modelled in a way that I thought looked cool rather than how he'd necessarily fight in the game. It's probably not obvious on the pics, but there's a loop on his belt where he can keep the chainsword when he's not using it and his boltgun has a sling. It's always good for characters to have somewhere to put their weapons when they're not using them - better than having to put them on the floor when you need a free hand.

As for stats - this is how I used them in the Inquisitor Grand Tournament on Saturday, but based on their performance in those games I'm going to tweak them a little before I use them again.

Marcus Yeovil - Inquisitorial Stormtrooper

WS=72 BS=71 S=61 T=60 I=61 Wp=68 Sg=56 Nv=75 Ld=75 Speed=4

Yeovil is right-handed.

Equipment: Bolter Mk II + Bayonet & reload; Stub Pistol + reload; two frag grenades; Hexagrammic wards.

Armour: Reflective Carapace armour on chest, abdomen, groin and front of legs; Flak armour on all other locations except head.

Abilities: Rock Steady Aim, True Grit

Sister Eleanor - Order of the Eternal Candle

WS=43 BS=46 S=44 T=47 I=68 Wp=70 Sg=75 Nv=50 Ld=56 Speed=4

Eleanor is right-handed.

Equipment: Digital laspistol & Knife implanted on right wrist; Medi-kit; 10 doses each of Detox, Onslaught & Stun; Bio-scanner; Pentagrammic & Hexagrammic wards.

Armour: Robes on all locations.

Abilities: Dodge, Medic

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've just finished the fourth and final member of the warband.

I haven't really thought too much about background for him, but his stats will be something like this;

Randal Neild - Bounty Hunter

WS=51 BS=78 S=68 T=69 I=56 Wp=52 Sg=48 Nv=70 Ld=58 Speed=4

Neild is right-handed.

Equipment: Necromunda-pattern lasgun + reload; Revolver + 24 rounds; Hunting Rifle + 18 rounds; Knife; 2 Photon Flash Grenades; Average bionic eye with motion-predictor; Average bionic ear.

Armour: Long coat - heavy coat covering locations except head; Bionic skull (AV3).

Abilities: Deadeye Shot, True Grit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.