Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm planning on sculpting a piece for possible entry into the next golden demon. it's gonna be an inquisitor scale marine but i have a problem.

how tall is an inquisitor scale marine?

i mean a marine with out his armour standing to attention.

can anyone help?

i need to know how tall he would stand in nothing but his marine issuede shorts and how wide his shoulders would be.

rough measurements will do, just so i can get a good idea of scale.

thanks everyone
vyv

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
There is already an Inquisitor scale Space Marine character available so that might be a good starting point in terms of scale- otherwise I'd go for a head taller than the average human scaled model because marines are between 7-8ft in height (even in armour) which is in general just over a head taller than most men.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
It hard to say with any exact certainty, some were between 7 and 8 while in power armour is the average, though some of the black libary writers have them coming in at 9ft or near 3m, i have always though that they would look about the size and shape of the hulk from the last hulk movie(the edward norton one)

The best case for actual heigth was the oringal jes godwin scale sketch from back in the day, this shows them measuring 8ft in armour but when you count the increments on the left it comes in at 7ft because it stars from two

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
It hard to say with any exact certainty, some were between 7 and 8 while in power armour is the average, though some of the black libary writers have them coming in at 9ft or near 3m, i have always though that they would look about the size and shape of the hulk from the last hulk movie(the edward norton one)

The best case for actual heigth was the oringal jes godwin scale sketch from back in the day, this shows them measuring 8ft in armour but when you count the increments on the left it comes in at 7ft because it stars from two
That was exactly what I would have shown... :so_happy:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the feedback guys but that's not really what i meant.
perhaps i should have phrased the question a little better. i know a marine stands roughly 8-9 feet tall and is around twice as wide as a normal man but what i really meant was:-

how big would the miniature be?

if any of you have the inquisitor scale marine would you be able to take some measurements for me?
measuring from ankle to knee, knee to hip, hip to shoulder, across the shoulders and so on so you can give me an educated estimate as to how tall the miniature would be if he were standing to attention.
a measurement in millimeters would be handy.

thanks again
vyv

1 - 8 of 8 Posts