Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i take this guy as an ally to my blood angels and if so does he count as an Inquisitor Lord so that i may also take a Vindicare assassin?

Sen

·
Registered
466 Posts
as of page 25 in codex WH you can choose 0-1 HQ choice as ally for any SM chapters, anyway in this case it's a special character and in his description it says ''any Witch Hunters army of 1500+ may include Karamazov'' so i'd say he's only usable by armies using the WH codex FOC
you could use a normal inquisitor tough and ofc a cult assassin as u can ally 0-1 elite choices

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what about him counting as an inquisitor Lord for the purpose of taking a vindicare assassin?

·
Registered
436 Posts
No. The latest revision of the DH/WH codexs no longer allow you to take allies from them for your Space Marine/ Imperial Guard Armies.

You cannot take him (or anyone) as an ally unless your playing a Demonhunter parent list, or a pure Witchhunter army.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
No more stealing first turn or destroying droppod equivalents. That update came out in the last day or so, didn't it?

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
major argument ensuing. i think that the book we payed money for overrules the current pdf, so if you have the WH book, you can use allies, simple as that

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
major argument ensuing. i think that the book we payed money for overrules the current pdf, so if you have the WH book, you can use allies, simple as that
I'm afraid GW go chronologically on codices instead of financially. so the PDF is the one that needs to be played if it's a proper game. However There are some places, even tournaments I think, that refused to use printed out codices like the old BA codex so that might work there but overall PDF is the one to work with

·
Registered
164 Posts
wait a minute, the codex which is in PDF format is near identical to the hard copy i have hear is it not?, the reason those rules arnt there is because the PDF is missing pages?

·
Registered
164 Posts
that makes sense :), after all you can still buy the Deamon hunters codex which does talk about allies.

I agree with the BA issue, if you spend all those points on this then thats a lot of other items you miss.

Plus i dont find the vindicator assassin to good unless you have plenty of other items to keep them occupied and an inquisitors strength is against phys and Warp creatures.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hear what you guys are saying but some of us just like to play the game for fun. and if i spend 50 dollars on Karamazov becasue he is an awesome looking model and i like vindicare assassins cause i think their fluff is cool then i just want to know if it is legal not whether or not its munchkin power gamer competative ass kickery.

now on with the debate and remember some people are masochistic and like a good asskicking. we dont all have to have 3 land raiders with squads of TH and SS termies running and DS everywhere.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Fare enough :D.. lol yup thats why we do it for the enjoyment.
By the rules you should be able to, though it will likly be perecived as a smugdgin of the rules. But as long as the person your playing against is cool then there is no probs

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
I would say he could be allied. The bit about "A Witch Hunters army..." is just a descriptor. He counts as an HQ for the army so may be allied.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts