Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have heard different things from too many different people, what is the rules for codex marines (Angels, wolves, etc..) taking any imperial inquisitional allies? such as assasins etc..

·
4,491 Posts
Paper Codex its legal.
New PDF Codex is illegal.
However, the Paper-dex takes preference over the PDF.

When (if) there is a new codex released, i doubt the rules for allies will be the same (if at all).

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so I have never run allies before with my space wolves, whats the format for doing so? do they just need to fall in foc?

·
Registered
488 Posts
It's not really "illegal" in the pdf codex, it just isn't there. The pdf to the paper codex is like the Black Reach minirulebook to the BRB.
I hope I can say this here... The ally rules are that you can take 1 of each of the choices in the pdf codex, except for Troops, which you can get two, and Heavy Support, which you can't get. Note that wargear costs and dedicated transports use the costs from the Daemonhunters/Witchhunters codex, not your own.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
It's not really "illegal" in the pdf codex, it just isn't there. The pdf to the paper codex is like the Black Reach minirulebook to the BRB.
Except that the mini-rulebook and the hardbound are mostly the same, word for word down to the page numbers. GW just left out the fluff and artsy-fartsy sections. Only difference, the last couple of pages of the mrb have different numbers since they pulled the VP rules and summary stats from the very back of the big rulebook.

OP, get a copy of the original (bound version) of the DH or WH codex. Everything you need for allies to any Imperial force is in there. DH rules probably go away soon, whenever the new Grey Knights codex replaces it. But WH should be good for a while yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts