Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I am thinking about starting another 40k army and was thinking about the big "I". Now my question is are pure Inquisitor list better then an all Grey Knights list or all Sisters list. I mean one doesn't see alot Iquisitor armies now a days and I was just wondering what your thoughts are.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I'd wait too... In all honesty, no-ones sure when the new Codex is out, but with the rumours it's defiantly within the next 6 months.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
If your running a pure =][= list then you are only going to have IST as troops but in chimeras and you Mosnter Inq+ret in a LR i see no reason why it cant do well. YOu will be missing some heavy support though

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Hey everyone. I am thinking about starting another 40k army and was thinking about the big "I". Now my question is are pure Inquisitor list better then an all Grey Knights list or all Sisters list. I mean one doesn't see alot Iquisitor armies now a days and I was just wondering what your thoughts are.
A Pure SoB list is competitive, especially in the hands of a knowledgable player.

Pure GK, even tri-Raider lists isn't able to compete with the big boys, but hopefully that will change with a new Codex...well it better or what's the point really.

A pure DH list can be competitive if you take IST w/ 2 Meltas in Rhinos, with some 2 - Plasma Squads as well. Also take Inquisitors with a Hood, 2 Mystics and a MM Servitor or 3 Vets w/ Meltas in a Rhino...spam the hell out of these suggested builds as a basis for your list and you're good to go.

When you get to higher points games you can add some GK(T) Squads/LR's/dreads etc.

But like others have said, I personally would wait until a new Codex comes out because the Inquisition might not even get a showing, so no point in wasting well-earned Coin on models you might not get to use...unless you're more into Narratives of course, then buy what you want.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
The newest rumors are No Codex soon, PDF codexes on the site. Depends, SOB can be very competitive. Especially as allies to Vulkan. :)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Pure SoB is competitive, pure GK is the opposite (megafail) and pure =][= armies are critically lacking in terms of bodies, firepower and heavy support. Adding in IG allies fixes all of these.

However, =][= is supposedly being redone soon, at least DH are, so I'd hold off or go with Witch Hunters.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I don't have any experience with pure GK (I've been holding off for a new codex for 3 years, just using them as allies).

Pure sisters has some very effective builds - especially in the current metagame.

=I= with inducted guard (either codex, although long term you need to go WH as one of the few things we know about C:GK is that ally rules will be going) is very effective, and a nice variation on vanilla guard.

"Freakshow" Mixed Ordos counting as very radical and/or LATD can be a lot of fun, and is hard for people to deal with but is badly costed: WH =I= Lord, DH =I= Lord (both in Land Raiders), Priest(s) Assassin, Arco-Flagellants, Daemonhost, Mech Stormtroopers, Penitent engines. That said, this probably won't be a legal build once C:GK comes out.

Honestly, I would go WH or wait. The WH builds are far more effective than current DH lists, which may be why C:GK is higher priority for GW. However, since Sisters box sets are rapidly disappearing, I would advise against using a SOB heavy list unless you have good ebay-fu.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
All WH boxes and blisters are available again on the website. Might be a six week wait, but they're available again.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Have you considered playing a mostly guard army with say, a radical DH Inquisitor and Daemonhosts allied? That way you can get a core of Inquistorial units, and work out from there if you like their play style.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts