Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

inquisition army list

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Niffty 
#1 ·
i really need help to decide a 2k army list this is the first time i play with warhammer 40k but i hav played fantasy and lotr b4

HQ
- Inquisitor lord Karamadov (205p.)

Troops
- Deathwatch tactical squad 9+1 2x flamer, 1x heavy flamer (245p.)
- Deathwatch tactical squad 9+1 2x flamer, 1x heavy flamer (245p.)
- Deathwatch scout squad 4+1 1x missile launcher (110p.)
- Deathwatch rhino x1 heavy bolter, extra armor (65p.)
- Deathwatch rhino x1 heavy bolter, extra armor (65p.)

Fast attack
- Deathwatch Land speeder tempest squadron (120p.)
- Deathwatch Land speeder tempest squadron (120p.)
- Seraphim squad 9+1 2x twin hand flamers 1x Book of St. Lucius (195p.)

Heavy support
- Retributor squad 4+1 4x Heavy bolter, 1x book of St. Lucius (125p.)
- Exorcist (130p.)
- Exorcist (130p.)

Total……………………………………………………………………………………………………. 2005p.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey there and welcome to 40k.

There's a problem with your list im fairly sure. Which codex is your parent codex? If its Witchunters then you need to have at least two troop choices from WH, Space Marine Allies don't count as the core troop choices.

Second Problem is that I'm fairly sure you have only 0-1 choices for the landspeeder squadrons. Sure two different squads is a no go. get anywhere from 1-3 speeders and make one squadron.

Last problem is that you have 5 heavy support choices. In normal no Apoc games you can only field 3 choices. So pick you favorites and stick with em.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have some suggestions to make you army legel, somewhat competative and most important of all still themed the way you want.

1. Get to 5 man units of Inquisitorial storm troop with melta guns in rhinos to go tank hunting. Or give them chimeras for a bit more fire power from the tanks. Two squads like this will take care of your basic troop choices after which you can add up to 4 units of inducted marines.

2.) Consider another HQ such as a celestian (whatever the SOB leader is called, never use them myself). Look at how others tool her out in the sites Army list section then add her to a marine squad so they can pack a bigger punch. You can make a veteran marine model count as her to keep with the theme of your army.

Heavy support: The only heavy support I use personally are Penitent engines and Orbital strike, but I'm weird. Exorcists are amazing so two of those are a great choice. For the last slot nothing says inquisition like my like a lance or melta strike. Its unexpected, and I've had amazing success with it. Or you can (i think check me on this) induct a SM dreadnaught as a choice. YOU can tool this guy out to serve a variety of needs, saying its a Deathwatch veteran crippled in service, but still providing insightful knowledge to his living brothers.

Anyway that's my two cents and good look. If nothing else have a great time playing 40k, its a blast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.