Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!
So I've been perusing the "new" inquisition mini dex and was curious about something.

So, the Inquisition can either be primary or an add-on to an army that still allows you to take allies. All Imperial armies are effectively treated as 'battle brothers'.

In the BRB, it states that battle bros that "not even battle brothers can embark in allied transports" (p112).

I reckon I have already answered my question and am simply being picky but as the Inquisition are not exactly an allied detachment, does this still apply?
For instance, an Inquisitor is attempting to join a sternguard unit that has a drop pod, is he allowed to?

I reckon he isn't but wanted to run it past you guys.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
In the situation that you mention, honestly, I would say that the Inquisitor can hitch a ride, because he has joined a unit, and that unit owns the drop pod.

What I believe the rules apply to is your squad of sternguard jumping into the inquisitor's valkyrie.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
By RAW he can't, as he's still a unit himself even though he's joined the other unit. Though I'd say attached Allied ICs are something of a grey area - most opponents will probably let you get away with it.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
To follow up on what Shandathe said, if you plan on doing it in a tournament talk to the TO well before the event if you can so you don't end up screwing yourself over by building a list around it only to find that they won't let you do it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've run into this problem also and as much as I want to say yes, I lean No. It says they are Battle Brothers with X army. The Rules for Battle Brothers is pretty clear IMO

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Personally, rule of cool beats rulebook on this one. Anyone who lets me know they want to play with that allied IC embedded in a squad that has a transport are welcome to.

Especially an Inquisitor. C'mon, they're the law unto themselves!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Especially an Inquisitor. C'mon, they're the law unto themselves!
Of course with a Codex:Inquisition allied detachment will most of the time have you want to have others use HIS ride... :laugh:

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I really want to throw an Inquis with divination in a drop pod alongside my sternguard, but i have a funny feeling my mates aren't going to go for that. Bugger :(

·
Registered
807 Posts
I really want to throw an Inquis with divination in a drop pod alongside my sternguard, but i have a funny feeling my mates aren't going to go for that. Bugger :(
I'd be fine with that. You have to cast (non-witchfire) psychic powers before you move, so there is no way for you to have them Presciensed the turn they drop in.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I'd be fine with that. You have to cast (non-witchfire) psychic powers before you move, so there is no way for you to have them Presciensed the turn they drop in.
I can try and use this argument to persuade them :) Hopefully they'll forget my combi-meltas are twin linked anyway and i can set up a nice firing line behind a dead tank.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The answer is no, he can't. The BRB is very, very clear on the subject: there is no chance for any unit to board any transport that did not come from its own codex.

So no, there is no way, by RAW and RAI both, to stuff anything in the Inquisitor's ride except his own goons and another Inquisitor, and the Inquisitor cannot hitch a ride anywhere else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts