Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Input wanted - Word Bearers army in the making

7K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  Tawa 
I wanted to write this post earlier, but I had to read (and assimilate) @Deus Mortis tactica articles first (which are purely amazing, thank you for those).

Word Bearers are probably the easiest way to build up an army that can be used in 30K and 40K without too many changes (regarding Traitor Legions, at least, in terms of miniatures and tactics).

The Dark Brethren Rite of War, even if situational, seems however a nice combo/option with Zardu Layak when the plan is going to build up a WB army with Daemons Allies (which seems to be your plan, @Nordicus , despite your first basic list ?) : Zardu Layak counts as a Diabolist and Master of Legion (i.e. only 2 HQ needed, even if the Battle Scribes files I have don't take it into account), it may give good buffs to many units in Close Combat (25 pts is not so much compared to the 40K Marks and Icons costs) and the limitation for Heavy Support is less restrictive as some tanks (like Predators) may be bought in Squadrons.

I just wonder whether Daemons don't break up the balance in a game where all armies are based upon the same "Codex" ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.