Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, as you know i have an inerview with GW tomorrow so here i am in dark and cold nottingham feeling like i am in the holy grail of hobbys, anyway as it is a long day my partner is at a loss as to what to do with herself so my question is, has anyone been to warhammer world and what do they offer in ways of keeping you amused for the day it has been a long long time since i went to a games day probaby 15 years or so so she is eager to get into the hobby and if anyone can tell me what Games World do be it painting or whatever please do thanks will let you know how i get on when i know

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Can't say i've been there, but back when i used to actively play alot before going the 'full fluff' route, i could spend ages in a normal GW store, talk to the guys in there, watch a game or two, maybe even play one. Imagine theres got to be alot more to do in Warhammer World, but having not been there myself i honestly couldn't say.

Shit doesn't seem like i've really helped at all there lol, sure someone else will jump in though

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Well it's the flagship store and they have a lot of stuff merely to look at there, I'm not sure if it's still the same as when I last visited but they have/had the Warhammer Museum full of crazy things like life-size storm bolters and dark eldar helmets, the entire Ultramarines Chapter, Siege of the Emperor's Palace (with 2 scale Warlord Titans, and Jaghatai Khan) etc.

You've got Bugman's, we all know how alcohol makes time go quicker:drinks: Of course the prices would make anyone north of the Watford Gap exclaim in horror.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
a fair bit, to be honest, she could get into an introduction game, spend some time at bogwart's bar (i think thats the name)

i think there are oodles and oodles of glass cabinates to browse through as well

EDIT: damn, ninja'd by spikey :p

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it's the flagship store and they have a lot of stuff merely to look at there, I'm not sure if it's still the same as when I last visited but they have/had the Warhammer Museum full of crazy things like life-size storm bolters and dark eldar helmets, the entire Ultramarines Chapter, Siege of the Emperor's Palace (with 2 scale Warlord Titans, and Jaghatai Khan) etc.

You've got Bugman's, we all know how alcohol makes time go quicker:drinks: Of course the prices would make anyone north of the Watford Gap exclaim in horror.
hoi lol i was born and raised Watford lol now i live north ha ha anyway thanks all sure we'll find out tomorrow for her butkeep them coming

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Well if I remember correctly it's only like a 5 min taxi from the centre of Nottingham, so instead of waiting with you she could just wander round the city for a while and return at a later time- Nottingham isn't as big as Manchester or Liverpool but it's certainly bigger than Stoke so she should be able to find a myriad of things to occupy her.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well if I remember correctly it's only like a 5 min taxi from the centre of Nottingham, so instead of waiting with you she could just wander round the city for a while and return at a later time- Nottingham isn't as big as Manchester or Liverpool but it's certainly bigger than Stoke so she should be able to find a myriad of things to occupy her.
done that today its scarey lmao york and leeds much simpler to navigate

·
Registered
129 Posts
could sit outside eating pudding and cheese! but seriously there is so much stuff to GW store, go battling paint models talk to other hobbyists or just watch and browse. All of which can take hours of time! its all very fun though :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts