Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a topic that gets discussed to death but Conquest just came out recently and somebody posted a few pages from Conquest in another forum... some interesting stuff. Please note there aren't many details. It is literally 2 pages from the book.

There were warbands from the loyalist legions that turned traitor and vice versa.

Now it isn't written as fact but as a report in universe so I won't say it's 100%. Also, it obviously depends if you take Forgeworld's HH books as canon or not.

Examples from the book:

• Band of loyalist Night Lords attacking traitor forces at Estaban III
  • Reports of Astartes in the resurrected livery of the Dusk Raiders(Death Guard pre-Mortarian) fighting Iron Warriors at Kibron and Malinche's Fall
  • Great Company of Space Wolves bearing the symbol of the Serpent's Eye slaughtering millions at Neo Cadiz
  • Company of Astartes bearing hybrid arms and panoply of Iron Hands and Sons of Horus at Seige of Mezoa
  • Class of warriors known as 'Blackshields' during the HH...Astartes that covered up the livery of their parent Legion in black
  • Other loyalists from traitor legions wore their old colours proudly... The 34th Millennial of the Emperor's Children (the Death Eagles). They clashed with their traitor kin at Lethe and Revorthe Keep in the Coronid Deeps. Ultimate fate unknown

That's it. I thought they were interesting nuggets of information.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Boosh, there's all the justification I need for my Loyal Emperor's Children

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was also Kyr Valens Iron Warriors from book 3, and the Traitor White Scars from Scars.
There have been quite a few but they always seemed to be outcast individuals, with the exception of the White Scars. For example, the IW from Angel Exterminatus, all the Grey Knights, and a few others I can't remember the names (or the stories). I thought it was interesting there were actual groups/warbands/chapters (whatever you want to call it) that turned from their primarch.

And this is the first time I have heard of traitor Space Wolves and Iron Hands.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
The bit with the great company of the space wolves might be more on part of the Alpha Legion, or so I'm thinking. They've already donned the Wolves livery before. Why not again, to cast doubt upon their loyalty? I seriously cannot imagine a whole great company turning from Russ and the Emperor.

Doesn't mean it couldn't happen though, I just find it highly unlikely

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Get in the bin, Beaviz. I have no idea where you got that I'm untrustworthy, or that what I say is full of lies. I think you're a fucking bellend, (which is true), but I'm upfront about it. If that's enough to be considered untrustworthy, well, I guess I'm the most untrustworthy bastard that ever lived.

Also, you're looking like a right prat (more than usual) when you actually read the OP.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Cruel Commissar
856 Posts
Get in the bin, Beaviz. I have no idea where you got that I'm untrustworthy, or that what I say is full of lies. I think you're a fucking bellend, (which is true), but I'm upfront about it. If that's enough to be considered untrustworthy, well, I guess I'm the most untrustworthy bastard that ever lived.

Also, you're looking like a right prat (more than usual) when you actually read the OP.
You tell people how to think and feel, and that fact alone means you are totally untrustworthy. Plus you seem to evict facts that doesn't suit you. Another thing is the fact that you come from the opposite end of me when it comes to understand written stuff. I mean a mugging can go down and you are likely to report a stabbing just for good measure, even if it doesn't happen.

All I did now was sowing doubts about you as source, nothing else.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sorry, I got my books messed up. I believe it was Vengeful Spirit...or wherever it is that loyalist IW shows up.

Edit - As soon as I posted that, I finally got it.. it was Unremembered Empire
His name is Barabas Dantioch, I'm a huge fan of his story thus far. I recommend the short story by Rob Sanders, The Iron Within.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Autek Mor makes another appearance (As his ship is the Red Talon and his badge is literally the Red Talon's Chapter badge I'm guessing he's the chapters founder) and punishes a planet that fell to chaos, first they wipe out the traitors on it but then they plant nukes in each of the biggest cities and encase them in more nuclear material and then set them off to make an example of those who give in.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Has anyone read anything about any Imperial Fists that sided with Horus?
Spoilers down below. Click at your own risk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Spoilers down below. Click at your own risk

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Not that I know of.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
I've not read of any Imperial Fists siding with the traitors, everyone manning smaller garrisons that have been attacked have been killed to a man.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Has anyone read the new story The Value of Fear as apparently

I've also heard

Interestingly, considering all the fluff about the Carcharodon Astra being the expelled sections of the Raven Guard, there are hints that

I've also heard the rumour that Barabas Dantioch and other loyalist Iron Warriors

What does everyone think of the idea that the Minotaurs were created from either Iron Warrior or World Eater geneseed?

Has anyone heard something about Death Guard

Finally I've heard that there are hints in the Iron Snakes books that they

1 - 20 of 25 Posts