Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of the game?

Well it's definitely been one of the games I've been looking into for a while and I've read about it and been interested in it for a while, but I'd like a few other peoples opinion on the game (that have actually had some decent experience in it).

Link to Infinity website.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I play it (PanOceania). Hi-tech faction with an emphasis on shooting, then shooting more.

I've had a handful of games of it so far, and it plays quite well, a series of short, very brutal firefights. I've won one game, and been brutally slaughtered in others (Human Sphere link teams+ninja v PanO fusiliers & an ORC trooper. Very one sided.)

I chose PanO the same way I choose any other faction of any other game.
I have to like the majority of models in that faction to want to play them.

Yu-Jing had some models I liked, but not enough of them.
Combine had NO models I liked the look of.
Haqqislam had one or two models I liked, but mostly, didn't grab me.
Ariadna - French, Russian, American and kilt wearing scottish werewolves. Yeah, right.

This left Nomads or PanO.
PanO are shootiest.
Nomads are hacking-est.
Both relatively high-tech (with drones and TAGs that kick it).

I came into the game after being a fan of cyberpunk in general, and some of the Masamune Shirow style (appleseed/Ghost in the shell). PanO most readily fit that bill.

Aleph has its appeal as well. I will be getting some of their stuff, and nomads down the line.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good, Pan Oceania are the ones I was interested in starting when I do get into the game properly. They definitely have the nicest looking miniatures at least, although I don't know what they're like rules wise and how they compare to the others.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
They excel at shooting.
They have a few good units with MSV (multi spectral visor - sees through smoke or camo) and units with Thermoptic camo.

Units with CH skills hate Aquila guard. Especially AG with Heavy machine guns. :D

what's better than LI or skirmisher with TO camo? A TAG with it. Cutter rocks (but watch out for monofilament weaponry).
I'll be playing around with a neoterran sectorial list next time. i want to try out the "link teams rules" myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts