Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Inexpensive Ideas for Modern/Post Apocalyptic Weird West Terrain

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  PyriteHearts 
#1 ·
For those of you unfamiliar the podcast Welcome to Night Vale is set in an unknown part of the American southwest. The townspeople consider weird things that happen to be perfectly normal, celebrate holidays differently, live side by side with monsters and extra-dimensional deities as well as accept that various horrible deaths are all a part of life. To me it sounded like a place that while populated by humans is still in the Eye of Terror and thus demonic shenanigans are afoot. It's not very often that daemon armys get leeway for the same kind of silly fun themes you always see for Ork warbands, I thought it'd be a fun way to do something new while using it as an exercise in creativity. I'm in the process of building a Chaos Undivided Warband(Tzeentch/Slaanesh Daemons+Plain CSM+Traitor Guard+Heretek) around that them, though now it's going to take even longer now that GW decided that for every Pink Horror there needs to be 2 Blue Horrors as well as 2 Brimstone Horrors. Among other travesties. ...The agony.

Anywho, I have some sort of general idea of where I'm going as far as my army but I'm having trouble finding inexpensive ideas and techniques for thinks like the smooth stones weathered by long dried up rivers, cacti, mud flats instead of gritty sand, how to insert a bunker door into a rock face/rock pile, cheap ideas for bunker doors, things that may or may not be radioactive... etc.

Thanks a Bunch

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.