Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
psychic talent found it boosted
stronger than most Space Marines
horrific rages during battle like their predecessor chapter only without the use of neurosurgery

still dont like those ideas makes them sound like super marines and no one can beat them plus WE never broke down into chapters

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I know that the WE never broke down into chapters but the labs on Luna and Terra have stores of gene-seed from all the chapters and original legions. They can be beat just like any other marines they can be shot, burned, stabbed or any other action to kill them they just have a small attack and damage bonus in CC. The psychic power increase only means that they have access to more powers than normal librarian can and can use them more often. The rages is basically like the black rage on a smaller scale except that they are able to recover from it. So they are not overpowered or unbeatable just difficult.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
i have two problems with the Axe of Ehrlen Section the first is-

1) All Loyal World Eaters were already dead by the time of the DropSite Massacre unless the hundred or so Survivors under Tarvitz somehow survived which i highly doubt, Angron destroying them on Isstvan III almost immediatly after the Virus Bombing so how could Loyalist World Eaters have taken the Axe then? After all Ehrlen was last seen being pulled down by a group of Traitor World Eaters, his face torn off.

2) My second one is why would the World Eaters cry? They are known too be a brutal and bloodthirsty Legion that just didnt seem right too me for some reason it felt more like a Ultramarine or Emperors Children (pre-heresy) thing too do.

Personally i would redo this section because it just doesnt seem too fit into the fluff.

Apart from that i liked it keep up the good work

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Chocobuncle: I am not saying they are insanely stronger than space marines like the Custodes but they do have an advantage over most marines in CC. And all of the legions/chapters had/have to send in 5% of their gene-seed to ensure purity and then it is stored on Luna to start future chapters.

Dark Angel: So would you suggest I change it to that people who went to the planet later found it or something like that? And I wanted the Axe of Ehrlen because since the Emperor's Daemons obviously would not revere their Primarch that they should have someone to revere.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
id suggest basing it around this-

Operation Carthage (the Second Pacification of Isstvan V)
During the campaign to retake Isstvan V, the detachment of the Desert Lions was accompanied by an attached cohort of Legio Cybernetica robots. The chapter's attack on the planet's defence forts was preceded by the cohort, which had been programmed to advance on the defences in an apparently mindless fashion. Easily destroyed by the defenders, they succeeded in mapping out the defenders' fire-plans and blind spots. When the Desert Lions launched their attack only seven Marines were lost. All surviving robots of the cohort were inducted into the chapter as honorary members as a mark of respect.
Perhaps say the discovered the chain axe in a pile of bones? a hand still grasped upon it or something

·
Registered
173 Posts
What he's pointing out is that in the days of the World Eaters there were no Chapters (only Legions) and thus no gene-seed tithes. Each Legion just used their gene-seed to make new Marines to make the Legion bigger because there were no size limits, so no World Eater gene-seed would've been collected.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Pater I know what you mean but why what im trying to say is if all the chapters now are ONLY from loyalist legions then why arnt there any from traitor. now it doesnt say back before the horus heresy that they took the legions gene seed and 1. im kinda guessing that they didnt since theyre traitors 2. why make chapters from traitors when they might turn traitor too

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
actually...ive heard that the adepicus mecanis....i cant spell...or whoever collects the geneseed tithes have samples from ALL the legions, except the missing ones.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Traitor geneseed is fair enough, every few foundings someone forgets the rules and founds a chapter out of it. Blood ravens, Minotors, Sons of (Areaus? ).

But without the aggressive neurosurgary What is making them berzerker angry? bare in mind it would take somthing quite special - Bloodangesl have the kornate curse, and world eaters had neurosurgery followed by khorne.

Hell the exorcists have deamonic possesion, (Which is presided over by the Grey knights - the source was the 3rd armageddon war site.) You should Check them out if you have not already done so.

First their skin became pale, their hair turned black and their eyes turned red.

^ Conrad curze's legion look. - 'sept with black eyes.

Second, their muscles became wiry and chorded making them stronger than most Space Marines.

Third, any one in the chapter with psychic talent found it boosted to much higher levels.
^Very hard to use psycic powers if you are having a space marine tantrum.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
No need too be sorry i simply pointed it out thats all and Inquisitor_ball the Minotaurs and Sons Of Anteus arnt Chaos descendents they were simply created during the Cursed Found although only the Sons Of Anteus have a mutation out of them two.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Part of the Cursed, 21st Founding, the Sons of Antaeus have a mysterious existence. It is unknown what exactly went wrong, if anything, in the creation of these mysterious Space Marines.

The only official Imperial record that lists the Sons of Antaeus is the Chronicals of the Third Inter-Guild War of the Inca Sector 850-901M41. Captain Rakman of the Subjugators chapter reported that the Sons of Antaeus showed up unexpectedly and opened a 2nd front forcing the Eldar pirates to attempt to redeploy. This resulted in the destruction of the Eldar raiding force.1

It is reported that they have been seen in action by other reputable Imperial forces. There are many conflicting stories, but two things remain constant.

The Sons of Antaeus' livery is grey and black, and they are capable of withstanding damage that would kill any normal Space Marine in seconds. There are many rumors as to why they are so difficult to destroy, ranging from reinforced skeletons to ancient genetics. At this time, the truth is not known.
thats their entire history now id say the only reason they are like the DG is because of the amount of pain they can take

21 - 40 of 42 Posts