101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm sorry in advance to Kobrakai for stealing his format for this entry

Name: The Emperor’s Daemons
Founding Chapter: World Eaters
Founding: 21st
Chapter Master: Ludo Jien’dar
Homeworld: Haemos
Specialty: Assaults, High use of Dreadnoughts, Blood Fathers (Chaplain/Librarian)(I’ll get into that later)
Chapter Symbol: A horned skull with enlarged canines with angelic wings sprouting from it
Main Colors: Red Gore with Gold trim and Fortress Grey insets on the knees and shoulders

Background:

The Emperor’s Daemons were founded during the Cursed 21st Founding in M36. Their gene-seed was tampered with to try and eliminate the taint of chaos from ever being able to touch them. It succeeded, though it had some unexpected results:

First their skin became pale, their hair turned black and their eyes turned red.

Second, their muscles became wiry and chorded making them stronger than most Space Marines.

Third, any one in the chapter with psychic talent found it boosted to much higher levels.

Fouth, they were prone to horrific rages during battle like their predecessor chapter only without the use of neurosurgery.

And last they grew small horns on their heads and their canines grew much longer.

The Inquisition wanted to eliminate these mutated Marines but after mental tests proved that their souls could withstand more than average Marines and almost as much as the Grey Knights, they conceded and allowed these mutated Marines to live. And because of these traits they were named the Emperor’s Daemons

Homeworld:

Haemos is in the Kalgari system named after the man who discovered it Sal Kajar, the First Chapter Master of the Emperor’s Daemons. He discovered it after a patrol around the Maelstrom shortly before the Age of Apostasy. It is about 200 light years from the Maelstrom. The other worlds in the system include a forge world, Volcanus Primus, an agri world called, Jorban, a mining world, Gorgon, a hive world, Kheros, and lastly a Relic/Necron Tomb World called, Haradim. There are also rumors of a minor Eldar Craftworld in the system.

Haemos is sitting in the middle of the system in between Jorban and Gorgon. Haemos is classified as a Death world due to the large amounts of dangerous plants and animals on the planet. It is about the size of one and a half Terras with a population of only 200,000,000 in small tribes dotted along the four major continents of the planet. The last sub-continent is the home of the Emperor’s Daemons’ Fortress-Monastery. It has a very mountainous terrain broken up by fields and dense forests. To make a comparison it would look a lot like the Black Forest in southern Germany. The skies are covered in thick blood red clouds keeping the planet in permanent twilight year-round.

The Humans of this planet have not even evolved to the blackpowder stage still using swords and bow and arrows to do most of their hunting and fighting. They are separated into many tribes scattered throughout the continents with conflict being frequent between them over land, food, materials and women. The Humans worship the Emperor in the guise of their Great Father and offer sacrifices to him and his angels Sanguinus and Ehrlen for protection and good luck. They believe that the great Father watches over them and sends his sons (The Emperor’s Daemons) to fight the evil gods Kore, Nug, Tzu and Slanh that bring doom to their world. To guide them are the Shamans, minor psykers that can divine small portions of the future through bone-castng. Unlike other psykers though these families all have one thing in common, the first-born child to a shaman will automatically be a psyker and the next shaman. Through the guidance of these gifted men and women the tribes are able to survive.

The tribes have a superstition about the sub-continent that it is cursed with beauty due to the great fields of Sanguine Roses that are the major feature on the sub-continent. Sanguine Roses secrete a poison from their thorns that is powerful enough to down a Space Marine with a scratch. They are named for their stems because in the center of each stem is a veins of red that run through out the plant. But when it dies its poison crystallizes into a beautiful tear shaped gem called a “Haemos Tear”. This phenomenon has prompted the Daemon’s version of, “Biting the dust” to be “he cried his tear”.

The animals on this planet are remarkable as well. The two most fascinating are the Shinguard Wolves and the Mountain Turtles. The Shinguard Wolves are called as such because of armored bone plating that protects their shins from the thorns of the Sanguine Rose though the are found all over the planet. They can grow to be 8 feet long and 3 and a half feet high at the shoulder. They tend to hunt in packs of about 5-8. The Emperor’s Daemons have great respect for these wolves and some of their armor has tokens taken from these wolves to protect them as is the local superstition.

The Mountain Turtle on the other hand is a massive herbivore. They can be as big as 2-3 football fields almost 50 feet off the ground. They are rare due to their size and their very short breeding season. Their shells start to shed and decompose while they are still alive eventually creating a layer of topsoil on top. There are cases of Mountain turtles having forests grow on their backs and the humans of this planet have made use of them as moving settlements.

Organization:

The easiest way to describe their adherence to the Codex Astartes is this. After first reading it the First Chapter Master took a Flamer and burnt it in front of the eyes of the Inquisition and the Administratum.

This anti-authoritarian behavior has led this chapter to have an Inquisitor permanently stationed at their Fortress-Monastery to ensure that they do not stray too far and to watch for corruption.

They have a tradition that every squad takes on a newly promoted Space Marne under its wing after they have done their scout duties.

Due to their rages and assault loving nature most Assault Marines tend to forgo ranged weaponry in favor of dual wielding close combat weapons.

Most Marines also love to try and get their weapons to the best they can be so far as to have the Techmarines and Artificers modify them to their liking. Due to this Assault squads can have many types of weapons that can be standard to exceedingly exotic.

They prefer to soften up targets using artillery strikes using Land Raider Helios and scout sabotage followed by massive Bike and infantry assaults using Drop pods, Dreadnoughts and Land Raider support. They tend to not use land speeders or Rhinos due to the large number of Land Raiders in their arsenal.

They are 3000 marines divided into 10 companies of 300 as so:

1st Company: Terminators

2nd Company: “Rose Raiders” (will also get into that later)

3rd-4th Company: Devastators

5th-7th: Assault

8th-9th: Tactical

10th: Scouts

The Rose Raiders:

The Rose Raiders are specialty assault troops that dual-wield Bolters pistol-grip style with powered bayonets. They are chosen out of many different companies and it is considered a great honor to be accepted into their ranks. They are named for the distinct type of ammo used in their Bolters called Rosethorn Ammo (see special items section for more detail). They are sent into the most dangerous of areas to try and soften up enemy strong points for the other infantry to clean out.

The Blood Fathers:

The Blood Fathers are the most interesting and distinctive addition to the Emperor’s Daemons. They are a combination of a Chaplain and a Librarian said to be sons descended from the shamans of the planet and fulfill the same position as they do. They were also created to keep the large amount of psykers of the Chapter in check. By training the psykers as both Librarians and Chaplains they are even less likely to be swayed by chaos. They are very powerful psykers that are capable of being up to alpha-plus in power due to their gene-seed mutation. Some have decided to forgo all weaponry as their mastery of psychic powers is deemed by them to be enough but they still carry their Crozius Arcanums as a symbol of office. They are responsible of overseeing the initiation of recruits as well as the spiritual health of the squad they are assigned to. Many Blood Fathers lead squads into battle to set a good example and to boost the morale of the men. They are also the keepers of the Cup of Daemons (see special items section).

Vehicle Variants:

As this chapter loves to experiment with their tech some very trustworthy designs have come up and the two most successful are:

They have created another variant to the tried and true Land Raider, the Land Raider Scylla. It is an Infantry support variant used as replacement for the Land Raider Crusader. It has a hull mounted Multi-Melta with three Assault Cannons on each sponson. It also has a pintle mounted heavy Flamer to deal with massed infantry and as a morale sapping weapon. It has the same transport capacity of a normal Land Raider.

The other thing that they have done is create the Haemos Pattern Dreadnought. It has one DCCW and an Assault Drill as its hands. It carries a Heavy Bolter under the drill and a Multi-Melta under the DCCW.

Finally there is the Hunter Pattern Bike. They are just like any other bikes only they have twin-linked Combi-Meltaguns instead of the normal twin-linked bolters.

Special Items:
Rosethorn Ammo: Ammo made using the same production design of the Hellfire rounds but instead of an acid they use the poison of the Sanguine Rose. This is generally only used by the Rose Raiders but many high ranking officers as well as some Terminators make use of these rounds.

Cup of Daemons: Used in the process of selecting new Space Marines for initiation. The initiates are given a dilution of the Sanguine Rose poison in order to cause them to go into a state of delirium and extreme pain for a week. During that time they are locked in a chamber in the bottommost section of the Fortress-Monastery. After that week f they are sane then they can move on. The rest are given a quick ending.

The Robe of Fallen Glory: An adamantium robe earned after beating 8 World Eaters in close combat. It has the chapter symbol and a quote on the bottom in High Gothic saying, “Learn from the Heretic’s mistake, lest you repeat it”

Axe of Ehrlen: The chainaxe of Captain Ehrlen of the loyalist World Eaters during the Great Crusade. His bio is here http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Ehrlen
His axe was taken from the Isstvan Drop Site Massacre by Loyalist World Eaters after the battle was over and brought before the Emperor. The Emperor had already heard of Horus's betrayal by that time from the crew of the Einstein and was moved by the stories of his command in the face of annihilation. The Emperor took Ehrlen's axe and placed a purity seal on it with such care and reverence that the Loyalist World Eaters started to cry at the sight. And The Emperor put a ward on the axe that would make it burn in the presence of traitors. But as he finished the Battle of Terra to precedence and the axe was locked away in the Librarium on Terra. After thousands of years it was found again at the time of the Emperor's Daemons founding and was gifted to Sal Kajar as a reminder of what they fought for. Since then the Axe of Ehrlen is only wielded by the Chapter Master of the Emperor's Daemons in times of great need or when they are fighting the World Eaters.

Notable Characters:

Chapter Master Ludo Jien'dar: Coming soon

High Blood Father Pater Jero Phaljkal: Coming soon

Blood Father/Captain of the 5th Assualt Company Pater Mooneye:

Notable Actions:

5th Black Crusade 723.M36:

The Emperor’s Daemons sent 50 terminators of the 1st company, 100 members of the Rose Raiders, 150 Devastators of the 4th company, the entire 5th and 6th Assault companies and the entire 8th tactical totaling 1,200 marines to the Cadian front.

They suffered 50% casualties most notably the Last Stand of the River of Blood. This was toward the end of the war. The 6th squad of the 8th company, the 5th and 7th assault squads of the 6th company and the Dreadnought Warh Quiren held a monastery outside of Kasr Ferth for 15 days against a chaos fore 1000 times their size. They were led by Blood Father, Pater Gatyr Hanon, a recently promoted Blood Father of the 8th Tactical. They were cut off from the rest of the Imperials by the hordes of daemons and cultists with no hope of escape.

Gatyr knew this and with fiery sermons and displays of piety he rallied the men into such a frenzy that some members of the Assault squads ran blindly slashing into the waves of Chaos forces. So much blood was spilt that the River Farrk ran with the blood of heretics for over 300 miles downstream. They inspired so much fear into the forces of chaos that Doombreed was forced to unleash his Berzerkers on the Daemons with the hope that they would destroy this small thorn in his side. But Gatyr was waiting for this. He called the Assault squads back to the wall of the monastery while the Tactical squad shredded the Bezerkers with bolter fire. This angered Doombreed to such a degree that he sent one of his most trusted Daemonic lieutenants to deal with them personally. As the Bloodthirster Kal’Fath took command his forces assaulted the walls with renewed vigor. The Emperor’s Daemons fought back with everything they had but sadly the force before them was too much. And when all seemed lost Gatyr rallied the remaining men for one final push against the Chaos forces saying,

“Let not these trifle hordes deter you. Fight for the Emperor, fight with all you have. Remember the story of Ehrlen and remember your sacrifice is not in vain. If you are a coward you may stand aside for those that wish to die fighting. If not follow me into the fray and stain the ground red for all to see.”

And with that they assaulted the lines of chaos cutting down hundreds of foes ‘till they got to Kal’Fath. He tried to persuade Gatyr and his men to lay down their arms and surrender to the mighty God of War but Gatyr’s answer was to throw his Crozius Arcanum into Kal’Fath’s head. The blow was not lethal but it stunned Kal’Fath long enough for Warh Quiren to charge to the Emperor’s Daemons position and assault Kal’Fath directly. Khornate Axe met Holy Power Claw as they traded blow after blow as the forces of Chaos attempted to over run the remaining marines. Gatyr used his psychic powers to shield his brothers while sending tendrils of power to slay the heretics but it was to no avail. He soon passed out to the over exertion of his power and the marines were cut down. And as Gatyr awoke he saw the end of the battle between Warh Quiren and Kal’Fath as the Bloodthirster cut the Dreadnought in half. And as Gatyr was about to die he unleashed all of his power into one wave killing Kal’Fath and half of his army.

After this battle the Armies of Chaos were so broken and battered that they withdrew from Kasr Ferth as the Imperial Forces arrived 2 days later. They found Gatyr lying on a slab of stone with a beam of sunlight illuminating his features and Sanguine Roses growing at the base of the slab. The Emperor’s Daemons buried their comrade and a new monastery was erected around that stone. And to this day that church and stone has been a reminder of his sacrifice and a haven for those that oppose Chaos

COMMENTS, QUESTIONS OR CRITICISM IS APPRECIATED!!!!

P.S. Here are the pics in order of left to right Devastator, Assault, Tactical, Rose Raider and Blood Father

·
Registered
869 Posts
Kool idea but instead of a chapter from the World Eaters *1st. They split way before any chapters were founded, 2nd World Eaters never had canines im 99% sure* make it from the Blood Angels chapter during the Cursed 21st Founding with all that physic power and muscle enhancement stuff because I know the Blood Angels have the Black Rage & Red Thirst

You could say most of that and instead of their original name being the Emperors Daemons that the Inquisition gave them say like Emperors Children worshiping the Emperor as a God and when they turned renegade after being Excommunicate Traitoris by the Inquisition for whatever acts of violence they turned into the Emperors Daemons *sounds more sinister of a storyline* and started to worship Khrone or maybe Chaos Undivided

Just a suggestion

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was supposed to be that the Adeptus Biologis had a stock of World Eater gene-seed locked away from their tithes of 5% of their gene-seed. I wanted to avoid using Blood angels because I wanted the Emperor's Daemons rages not to be permanent. And because there are enough fluff chapters about them.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Dude I totally forgot that there was a legion named the Emperors Children I feel stupid haha could say Emperors Chosen or something

And you could say that it isnt permanent because theyre from the cursed 21st founding and found a way to control it but had bloodier rages than their founding chapter or just say because of the curse theyre prone to rages

·
Registered
220 Posts
I 'unno about the chapter being founded from the world eaters. Although they have the geneseed of them, they wouldn't use it because they are afraid of the chapter following their legion's path.

Looking at the fluff you wrote I could see they being founded from the space wolves because of the canines, blood angels, or even the salamanders due to their love of weaponry.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sigh

it is kinda idk sad that i knew all of the info from prior talks what i crave are pics yes pics i know you have some squirled away some where. I would also whith your cooperation may write a story to later post But i wont hog all the glory like some armys in 40k do leavin others to do clean up. Any way i like this chapter it is great the rose raiders i can still argue with you about how i think they should carry some sort of sword or somethin but it is yours so whaterver I absolutly love the Dreadnought but it could use chairs that can be shot off LOLZ. You basicly made what i think is gold it is creative new (to me) this is great!
I laughed, I cried, I lost 15 pounds I can not recomend this enough!

But really get back to me on the whole story thing.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
i really like it, they have a 'known' curse, personal problems, good fluff, rival (WE), etc

theyre not like a typical vanilla marine - which imo is great

they only thing that is semi lacking, is a battle history / important events

·
Registered
869 Posts
Yea I kinda agree with Rafen about your chapter having all the super qualities and just leaving everyone else for the little work with little fluff or history behind, thats why I kinda tried to even it out a little

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya I haven't come up with the history as much yet because I need to do more research on the area of space that my chapter is in as well as the major battles that have occurred since their founding to M42. As I said in my previous post I should have that by the end of the week and I thank you for your suggestions.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts