Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just gonna give you the scenario of what happened then ask the question, because it will be a little easier to understand that way.

I had kharn join a squad of two raptors and charge a platoon of IG (weird i know, but it was just so they could pull him into close combat). Kharn ends up killin four or so and the IG player puts all of those wounds on the models that were in base to base with Kharn. So now Kharn has nobody in base to base contact with him. Then the IG player put all of his platoons attacks on the raptors and kills them off. We were left with kharn out of base to base contact with the platoon at the end of the combat.

First question is since he's fearless if he had lost combat (he didn't) would he still have to take the extra wounds? Since now he's his own unit. I'm thinkin yes on this one because if you have two units in close combat with the same enemy they are treated as one for all that goodness.

The other question is, since he's an independed character and he was left out of base to base contact with the platoon, is he still in close combat at the end of the turn? I'm still thinkin yes, but wanna know what ya'll guys think.

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
First question is since he's fearless if he had lost combat (he didn't) would he still have to take the extra wounds? Since now he's his own unit. I'm thinkin yes on this one because if you have two units in close combat with the same enemy they are treated as one for all that goodness.
Yes, he's all that's left. If you had one Raptor left and took two No Retreat wounds Kharn would have to take one as well.

The other question is, since he's an independed character and he was left out of base to base contact with the platoon, is he still in close combat at the end of the turn? I'm still thinkin yes, but wanna know what ya'll guys think.
Yes. Because he would still do a pile in move at the end of the combat round.

Also remember that even though your opponent took casualties from those in B2B with the IC (or a squad for that matter) the IC would still be able to attack as long as they started the round in B2B.

·
Registered
436 Posts
An independent character counts as a member of the deceased unit until the end of your next movement phase. That is the ONLY phase of the game when you can leave a unit that you have joined, even if everyone else is dead.

Kharn would have taken fearless wounds had he lost.

There is a rule called 'pile in' on page 40 of the brb that forces Kharn and the IG platoon to move back into close combat

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yes, he's treated as a seperate unit when rolling the attacks but then he effectively becomes part of the unit again when determining the results of the combat. pg 49 BRB

Yes, he did not fall back and neither did the guard so you have to make a pile in move. pg 40 BRB

Damn it - Ninja'd 3 times. Well at least we're all in a helpful mood tonight!

·
Registered
616 Posts
@deathklokk: best comment ever

·
Registered
616 Posts
I sense a war of the ninjas in the future. Time to make some popcorn!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I sense a war of the ninjas in the future. Time to make some popcorn!
War? - maybe not such an accurate term for me being handed my arse by a master ninja like DeathKlokk - Slaughter is probably closer :biggrin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts