Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Can two independent characters join the same unit? (for instance a chapter master and a chaplain joining a tactical squad)
2. If so, do the rules of one independent character affect the other one? (For example does my chapter master get fearless?)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Yes to both.

1. There is no limit to how many ICs can join.
2. The chaplain's ability affects the unit he joins. When an IC joins a unit, they become a member of that unit for most matters.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
you could make a whole unit of just independent characters though i dont know which armys will let you do that maybe space puppies

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
you could make a whole unit of just independent characters though i dont know which armys will let you do that maybe space puppies
Space Puppies? That some new kind of chapter or something? Are they anything like the Space Wolves by chance but younger, cuddly furry, and hard to remain mad at?:(

Are you even allowed to join independent characters to each other to form a unit? I thought there was a rule in the rulebook that prohibited this?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
that what chaos needs special abilities with are HQ SM get all of that squad bullshit. and icons dont work for independent characters. chaos needs like chaplain Daemon Princes that still take soceror powers.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
its a name people use for space wolves and im sure an independent character unit can be made an independent character can join to any unit that is more that has a maximum of 1 so if you attach all the characters to a unit of 2 and those 2 die you have a unit of independent characters

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It says specifically on page 48 of BRB that independent characters can join each other and create their own unit

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Yeah went and found this out a moment ago myself, pretty cool to find out actually.

As for the Space Wolf thing, yeah I actually knew that; I personally happen to find it insulting and along the lines of the weak arguments for why the utter minority of people hate Ultramarines.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Chaos Daemons will benefit from multiple ICs the most, letting 4 Heralds of the same god form their own unit.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
hey atleast i dont call ultra marines smurfs its just as a tyranid player i hate jotww

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
The main reason I hate ultra smurfs is because:

a) they get all kinds of special characters-some of which I believe are pointless I mean telion and chronus, were they really necessary)

b) GW like to put emphasis on the smurfs which is fine. Until we either get the point where fluff is changed so it sounds more dramatic or features the ever sooooo boring story about the few brave souls holding back the masses. Why can't they come in, kick ass and then move on?

c) They had a stupid colour scheme although the gold trim appears to fix this now.

d) GW always find ways to "force" the smurfs on new players. I know space mainres sell best for GW but let the little kids decide whether they like the other chapter (or even races) first!!

Rant over. I think it would be cool to field a unit of special character (although maybe this will only be possible in larger games)

·
Registered
246 Posts
As far as IC units are concerned, there was the old Pheonix council. I don't know of any rule that prohibits this formation in 5th edition. Is there a restriction on how many IC's you can have?

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Well most independant characters are HQ so I believe only 2 at most can be fielded in a regular game.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I meant to say most armies independent characters rather than what I actually said at the beggining.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
BA can actually have 11 IC ... 9 sang. priests and two HQ units .... *points at the Klokk and runs away like a little girl*
*bows* We are not worthy lol! :laugh:

...and back on topic...

Theres not much point sticking 9 sang priests together as one unit though.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've always wondered how a unit of a Primaris Psyker and 5 Ministorum Priests with Eviscerators would do... :p
and in reading this thread I am wondering... Can each of the IC's mentioned above join Marbo? it would take away several rules from him, but I was just wondering if it is possible.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts