Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically what I'm asking here is can Independent Characters such as Sanguinary Priests join Mephiston who is a Unit unto himself but only a Character and thus not able to join up with other units? I'm not sure if there was any previous stipulation in what sort of units ICs could join before, but there doesn't seem to be anything stopping me from doing just that in 7th it seems.

Any thoughts on this, fellow Heretics?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Guy at my store runs corbulo with Mephiston. He was talking about getting iron arm and making the squad majority t9 and walking through things after delivering them via land raider. Which caused me to try an look up a rule preventing it, but it seems the previous restrictions are gone.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Guy at my store runs corbulo with Mephiston. He was talking about getting iron arm and making the squad majority t9 and walking through things after delivering them via land raider. Which caused me to try an look up a rule preventing it, but it seems the previous restrictions are gone.
But why would you not bring Hammernators?

You can indeed add characters to non-IC models providing they are not Monstrous Creatures, but I'm not really sure why you'd want to.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
But why would you not bring Hammernators?

You can indeed add characters to non-IC models providing they are not Monstrous Creatures, but I'm not really sure why you'd want to.

Not sure. This instance specifically is a t9 Mephiston/corbulo with whatever whacky fnp save corbulo gives. Annoying, sure...but too costly.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Not sure. This instance specifically is a t9 Mephiston/corbulo with whatever whacky fnp save corbulo gives. Annoying, sure...but too costly.
Yeah, Mephiston with Feel No Pain and a fairly regular 2-wound dude in Power Armour with a 2+ Feel No Pain aren't really that scary, especially since Mephiston only gets Iron Arm half the time and will usually have it Denied since unless you have something like Invisible Hammernators, I'm going to throw all my Warp Charge at that WC1 spell because T9 Mephiston is not something I'm prepared to fight.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Yeah, Mephiston with Feel No Pain and a fairly regular 2-wound dude in Power Armour with a 2+ Feel No Pain aren't really that scary, especially since Mephiston only gets Iron Arm half the time and will usually have it Denied since unless you have something like Invisible Hammernators, I'm going to throw all my Warp Charge at that WC1 spell because T9 Mephiston is not something I'm prepared to fight.
problem is though is that leaves the rest of his mind bullets and powers alone, and what if he did get a invisible hammernators at the same time?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts