Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i searched but could not find this.If an independant char has frag grenades and is attached to a squad without frags, does the whole squad get the benfit or just him, or is it none of them? how does it work ?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
just him as far as i can tell. However i'm not 100% on this so it might be best to get a second/third opion

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts
Pg 36 of the BRB says Models with frags do not suffer any I penalties ... blah blah blah. So it would only affect the IC if he had them and was with, say, Terminators that do not. The IC would go at his I4 (SM) and the Termies with LC that are assaulting through cover would go at I1.

·
Registered
594 Posts
If an IC is equipped with Defensive Grenades but the squad he's attached to isn't, then only models in B2B with the IC are affected.

BrB page 36, Grenades:
Models assaulting against units equipped with Defensive Grenades gain no Assault Bonus attacks
Since ICs are considered a separate 1 model unit in CC, only models in B2B are considered to be assaulting them.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Is there actually a unit where the Sarge can have a different Grenade loadout than the troops (not counting meltabombs)? Granted i've mostly read Marine variant codexes, but i've never seen an entry like that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts