Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Incoming! Skaven
In January 2011, following the epic release of The Island of Blood, the Skaven will be receiving reinforcements, including new models - visit the website tomorrow for more information from the Studio. And with these new additions gathering on the horizon, there is no better time to start up or expand your very own Skaven army. Here are some essential items to prepare for war:

Some product recommendations here. Nothing special.

There's another reason to be excited about building a Skaven army: October 23rd is the time of the biggest Warhammer event of the year. The Island of Blood world-wide mega game will see a clash between the armies of Skaven and High Elves, and every Games Workshop Hobby Centre will be running its very own participation game. You join in with your local Hobby Centre, and if you aren't sure where the nearest one is, then you can use our Store Finder. In Bugman's Bar this week, Games Workshop staff members have been busy building Skaven armies, discussing tactics and exchanging tips before battle. Send us photographs of your Skaven army preparing for this battle to What's New Today.

Finally, if you seek further inspiration for your Skaven army, why not try the The Island of Blood - The Novel, Grey Seer or Temple of the Serpent? 'Is any race in the Warhammer setting more misunderstood than the teeming hordes of the Under-Empire?' explains author and Skaven fanatic C.L. Werner. 'To those who truly understand the underfolk, they can't avoid a shiver of fear when they contemplate the Children of the Horned Rat. They know the reach of the Under-Empire, a subterranean nation with its burrows stretching across the entire globe. They know that it has never been force of arms that has held back the Skaven, but rather their own paranoid scheming and treachery. They know that if the Skaven were ever to truly unite behind a common cause, all the world would be drowned beneath a tide of vermin.'

Well, looks like a certain forum member was correct. :)

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Kill-slay the surface dwellers!, long-live the Horned Rat!.

Looking forward to more Skaven releases, once I can finally afford an army they will be my first stop for WFB.

·
Registered
85 Posts
YaaaaaaaaaaaaaY more Skaven for me!!!!! :D

Seriously though, i think i would have preferred it to be Grey Knights or Sisters of Battle, but oh well more models for me :D

Cheers

Jimbob

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
You can already get Spinetail. Personally looking to plasticate the weapons teams, jezzails and clan pestilens stuff (so that would be censar bearers which are unlikely and the plaqueclaw catapult.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Its up here but you will be dissapointed as the newsletter announcement was to tell us they were going write that there was a newsletter announcement:

As newsletter subscribers found out yesterday, there are some new Skaven models coming in January. If you missed the newsletter then check out Incoming: Skaven for the latest on the new ratmen.
And give us an article on all the stuff they have already done, the only bit for the new models being:

In January 2011, advancing boldly in the wake of the new High Elf releases in October and the gob-smacking contents of The Island of Blood in September come a new litter of reinforcements for the Skaven, including a host of new models. Details are being kept firmly under wraps by the dreaded Council of Thirteen, but expect some fantastic new miniatures from the talented hands of the Citadel miniatures designers.
So basically its the internet version of the sign saying "do not throw rocks at this sign"

·
Registered
548 Posts
got all excited when i got the email last night...just logged on to the website to see "information from the studio" regarding the release. all i got was a reminder to buy Island of Blood. bring on the pictures, darn it!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I pray to the Great Horned Rat for a plastic hell pit abomination.

Hopefully doom-flayers (and other weapon teams) will make an appearence too. Other than that, possibly a plagueclaw catapult? I've also heard chitter-rumours of new warp lightning cannons, but this could just be lies from my useless subordinates trying to usurp my rightful place as warlord.

A new vermin lord may show itself, since I've just started converting one from the plastic daemon prince. Yeah, that sounds about right...

·
Registered
361 Posts
All I could get out of my studio source is that we "won't believe what we're doing for future skaven releases."

Not even sure what this means, only posting so I can look back and see how accurate that assessment was ;p

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
I would hope it means:

Plastic Jezials
Platics Hellpit abomination / Horned Rat kit (both in one is sooo wishlisting)

Other than that there isn't much on mywishlist which would be economically viable as I can't see them making pastic globadiers or censur bearers

·
Registered
154 Posts
i heard yesterday that there were at least 2 platic kits coming out! This info doesn't come from my usual reliable source so im taking it with a pinch of salt, but thought you guys might want to hear what i'd heard anyway. The first being the hell pit abomination, which fits in with the pic in white dwarf a few months back where they where sculpting it. The second he said was a warplightning/plagueclaw kit. Now we both speculated that it seemed unlikely as they both would seem to be very different in structure. he said "yeah, its just what i heard i didn't really believe it."
maybe this comes from a nugget of truth and that there are both plague claw and warp lightning kits in the pipeline and its chinese whipsered into a hybrid kit, or one of them is a hybrid with something else? Anyhow not too learn to wait now

·
Registered
548 Posts
Update from BramGaunt over at Warseer -

"Though most of it was confirmed, i'll tell you anyway:

Tretch is indeed released in this wave. He's sitting on a piece of the same archway the screaming bell is mounted upon. He has a dwarven beard with him. The new ikkit claw is amazing, very similar to the previously posted artwork.

New weapon teams for the drill and the cutter. Both are metal miniAtures.

Hpa- just what you would expect. It fills out a chariot base.

Warplightning cannon and Plague Claw Catapult look very good aswell. Cannon is mounted above the ground on a wooden framework.

I wasnt allowed to look into the artbook, but its real and looks promising."

It looks like it's going to be an awesome month for Skaven players [myself included], though I am a little disappointed that a Ratling Gun update doesn't appear to be in there...guess what the first few months of the Army Painting challenge are going to hold for me!?

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
If BramGaunt is accurate it is going to be one nice release. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I'll be happy with just the HPA, tbh hopefully I'll like it enough to get one rather than continuing with my conversion hydrat. I'm still happy with the Ikit model as he always sits on the self ayway. The doom-flayer would be cool.

Hopefully some pics will surface soon

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
We got pictures! > link

Not the best quality photos, but a nice little sneak peek of what's coming in January. The GW-bashing may commence...now!

Personally, I'm going to withhold judgement until I see high-quality photos, but on first glance it looks like a solid release - the model that I assume to be Ikit Klaw is particularly jaw-dropping...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts