Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my old army got ripped apart by reviews I am going to try this. It is a little better set up though I do not have all the units yet.
175 - Daemon Prince (MoT, Wings, Warptime)
428 - 8 Zerkers in a Land Raider (Skull with Powerfist)
218 - 8 Zerkers in a Rhino (Skull)
226 - 7 Plague Marines in a Rhino (2x Plasma Guns)
150 - Defiler 4ccw
300 - 4 Oblits

This armies many way to function will be with the Land Raider charging up the middle with probably the zerker rhino next to it or behind it bring up some massive cc/anti-swarm. The Daemon Prince will hide behind the LR using the it for cover. The 4 Oblits will be using there range, popping off armor with lascannons or swarms with plasma cannons. The Defiler will be doing the same thing the pie plate can hurt armor but at the same time it is great and hitting swarms of guys. The Plague Marines can charge for an objective to take and hold and if I need the Daemon Prince to take an Objective quick I can use him for it giving the Plague Marines time to come and hold the objective. This army should be able to drop off some zerkers in the rhino to shoot and a unit while the LR do the same thing. The goal being both Zerkers units shoot at the same unit probably hindering that unit a lot. The Zerkers in the LR can then charge a different unit and probably wipe that unit off the face of the earth. I can also jump the DP over the LR to reinforce whichever unit needs it. If in the correct places in one turn should be able to wipe 2 units off the board without taking a wound.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
seems fine to me i do like the close combat defiler

·
Registered
477 Posts
Okay mate you have 4 heavy choices as it currently stands..

4 Obliterators has to be at least two seperate cults then you have your Landraider and Defiler on top of that.

I would take two defilers and two Obliterators and then swap out the Landraider for 5 Chosen with 4 Meltaguns and a Rhino with Extra Armour. Then I would give the other two Zerk squads Rhinos with Extra Armour and take out the powerfist.

Those changes would break even and leave you with this..

233 - 8 Zerkers in a Rhino w/ Extra Armour (Skull)
233 - 8 Zerkers in a Rhino w/ Extra Armour (Skull)
150 - Defiler 4ccw (Consider keeping the Heavy Flamer actually)
150 - Defiler 4ccw (As above)
150 - 2 Oblits
180 - 5 Chosen with 4 Meltaguns Rhino w/ Extra Armour

Orrrrrrrr (If you prefer Oblits)

248 - 8 Zerkers in a Rhino w/ Extra Armour (Skull w/ Power Weapon)
248 - 8 Zerkers in a Rhino w/ Extra Armour (Skull w/ Power Weapon)
216 - 7 Plague Marines in a Rhino (2x Meltaguns) (Antimech cant hurt now that the zerks have power weapons)
150 - 2 Oblits
150 - 2 Oblits
150 - 2 Oblits
160 - 5 Chosen with 4 Flamers Rhino w/ Extra Armour (For dealing with horde now your Defilers are missing)

1497 pts

EDIT: See below

The goal being both Zerkers units shoot at the same unit probably hindering that unit a lot. The Zerkers in the LR can then charge a different unit and probably wipe that unit off the face of the earth.
You cant fire your bolt pistols at one target then assault a different target by the way mate...

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
maybe see if u could get 10 zerkers thats 40 attacks maybe 50 on the charge strengh 5 iniative 5 ur gonna be going faster and gonna bring da pain blood for the blood god SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

·
Registered
477 Posts
maybe see if u could get 10 zerkers thats 40 attacks maybe 50 on the charge strengh 5 iniative 5 ur gonna be going faster and gonna bring da pain blood for the blood god SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
More than 8 is overkill. The only thing you arent going to wipe out with 8 Berserkers on the charge is a massive mob of ork boys and then the extra 2 wont help anyways really..

Besides you wouldnt want to annoy the blood god by messing with his lucky number now would you? :)

·
Registered
941 Posts
fine
428 - 8 Zerkers in a Land Raider (Skull with Powerfist)
fine
218 - 8 Zerkers in a Rhino (Skull)
give him a PF aswell
make those meltas and have a champ w/ a PF
150 - Defiler 4ccw
fine
300 - 4 Oblits
though they work better in two, maybe drop on for the above upgrades
defilers also work better in twos, but a 1,500 pts, one should do OK

·
Registered
195 Posts
how did you get 50 attacks?

·
Registered
941 Posts
that reminds me of a khorne termie lord w/ DW and 5 termie champs, the charged and had some insane amount of attacks!:biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts