Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If my eldar farseer "doom's" an enemy squad does it count as shooting in the sense that i can only assault the squad I shot at.

for non eldar players doom doesn't kill directly ie its not a gun or weapon but it makes the victim squad re roll all "missed" wounds.

Also what phase are powers used in?

e.g my friend forgot to fortune in the shooting phase, can he do it in any phase?

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
The powers happen when they say they happen in the book, with Doom and Fortune thats at the start of your turn, if you miss that point you cannot do them later.

Doom is not a shooting power so you do not have to assault that unit.

Mindwar for example IS a shooting power, it tell you that in the power description and you use it in the shooting phase.

Aramoro

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
When each power occurs is generally in the power description, so check the codex.

As for which Eldar powers count as shooting attacks, the GW Eldar FAQ says that Destructor, Eldritch Storm, and Mind War are shooting attacks.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
+1 Aramoro.

Doom, Guide and Fortune are all cast at the start of the turn, and the caster must already be on the table (so no moving onto the table THEN casting).

Eldritch storm and Mind War are shooting attacks and follow the shooting rules, including the one about assaulting the unit you shot at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts