Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst reading my IG codex and planing a list, trolling the posted lists have found that a lot of people who play IG use Inquisitors as allies and it got me pondering.

Ok I field and Inquisitor and A Commissar Lord ( IC in a IG list) and decide to join them with the Inquisitor and his ladz, of they go to kill some things then ooops I roll the dreaded 11/ 12 for first morale check, the rules for the commissar says he will execute the model with the highest leadership, so a bolt in the ear for the inquisitor.

Would the Summary execution rules apply?? Sure RAW says yes, but RAI??
Lets look at the points only a Inquisitor Lord has Iron Will, so a normal Inquisitor can fail leadership/ moral. Would a lowly servant have to power to pass battlefield judgement upon a member of his holy Inquisition, for to act against an Inquisitor is heresy and would be meet with capital punishment.

So any thoughts? Im in the belief that it is not in the power of the commissar to deem the Inquisitor " found wanting", and therefore could not execute the Inquisitor with out himself and his IG company being declared Excommunicate Traitoris, much like another commissar being unable to execute another commissar.

On a personal side if I was a commissar an Inquisitor could do what ever he wanted, for while he was around my head would be so far up my own **** admiring the scene up there, being to afraid that if I looked at him cross eyed he would pass judgement apon me and condem my immortal sole ect ect:blackeye:

·
Registered
496 Posts
unfortunantly that Commasar is going to doom your entire regiman by popping this "Unworthy" inquizitor in the face XD

that has to be one of the most retardedly funny fluff-wise things ive ever seen...

though he could in theory have shot the inquizitor for being corrupted with a Chaos taint o.o

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
This will only happen if you're using an independent non-lord inquisitor AND you are completely out of sergeants, as normal Inquisitors are only LD8 like a sergeant. So while this can happen, it would be a pretty bad situation that you set up for yourself :laugh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts